1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading an xbox's hard drive with a software mod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by adameller, Nov 20, 2004.

1. adameller

adameller Member

I unserstand the basics of softeware mods, and of how to install upgraded hard drives in xboxs, but using software mods I am lost on how to install a new hard drive. Can any one help me?

2. LIV2RIDE

LIV2RIDE Member

Hey, first off to upgrade your hdd with a softmod, you will need a pc, and a copy of this program that will format the new hdd to its xbox partitions, and will lock it so you use it on your unchipped xbox. its called xboxhdm, if you want some sites to get it at pm me or look it u on google, it will help you make a bootable cd to boot the program off your computer, and it tells you everything to do . if you go to xbox-scene.com, and search the program up it will show you some tutorials on how to do it also using xboxhdm.I myself had t do it this way cuz there is no other way if you are working with a softmod.

3. adameller

adameller Member

Well I downloaded these steps, but my lack of knowledge in this general areal has left me with a iso burned on a cd that doesnt work, I was wondering if there was a site or a person who will sell a pre-made cd that will do the steps for me, please email me on any information dreller_666@hotmail.com thankyou for your help

4. Victrum

Victrum Member

I need help, i try update my xbox with a disk of 120 GB, but before that i fu*** my original xbox disk tryng format a unit. so i dont have an original backup of my xbox What i can do?

5. micahman

micahman Member

I dont understand the slave concept term, I have a laptop and a desktop, will it work if i connect the HD i plan on using as an external hard drive like through usb and then try to format it for xbox?

6. kopkilla

kopkilla Guest

buy a mod chip ya cheap bastard

7. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

Its possible to change HDD with softmod without PC but using a second xbox with mod chip or tsop, it also easier. Before I tell you how do you have access to one i.e a freind with one because I cant be arsed wrighting a guide if you dont.

8. tandon

tandon Guest

I am with Victrum. I stuffed my hdd and didn't have a backup. How bad is this and can this problem be fixed... Any help would be great...

9. LIV2RIDE

LIV2RIDE Member

FIRST RULE !!!"" BACKUP YOUR HDD' CUZ IF YOU DID' YOU CAN ALWAYS REBUILD YOUR F**** HDD' BUT IF YOU Didn't, all it is now, i s a paper wait !!!

10. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

tandon, check your pm box.

11. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

check you pm box, victrum.

12. smac19

smac19 Guest

can somebody help me how to backup my HD useing softmod thanks 4 help

13. wizrdeye

wizrdeye Member

I got XBOXHDM, made the boot disks, formatted the drive, and locked it. But when I put it in my xbox it didn't work. Has anyone actualy upgraded a hard drive with a softmod? And are there any other programs like XBOXHDM that might be more indepth? Any help would be great, thank you.