1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URGENT: R4 Question

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Scruffy29, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Scruffy29

Scruffy29 Regular member

Can I run M3 Simply firmware on R4 as if it was a M3 Simply

The reason I ask I ordered a M3 Simply and got a email saying they were out asking if I wanted to wait , change to a R4, or Cancel.

I had it all set up for my M3 I would have to copy everything in this folder in my SD Card when it comes then unplug it pop it in and boom their it loads

What am I going to have to change for this R4 (if I get it)?

Where can I get R4 Firmware?

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

i think there is a small switch on the back of the r4 and when you switch it you can use m3 firmware on it i saw it on youtube.

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The only real change you need to do is replace the _DS_MENU.DAT file with the one from the R4 firmware found on their website.

It is possible to use the M3 firmware on the R4, but it requires patching and there is no benefit to doing it.

@ryanmg, there is no switch, but older models of the M3 and R4 could be hardware modified to run each others firmware by removing (or adding) a solder bridge, this could easily be adpated into a switch. Though you could still only have one firmware at a time as they both use the same filenames.

Also, where did you buy from Scruffy? If it's DealExtreme then chances are you won't be getting the R4 anytime soon either.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  4. Scruffy29

Scruffy29 Regular member

Thanks mr.Hanky we posted about the same time :)

I ordered from www.modchipstore.com Ima try and get a discount this is madness :( I really wanted it before I go to my grandmans tomorrow :/

So I just have to go download the firmware from their website then replace that one file and still use all my other M3 files and itl work fine

Ill post a screenshot of my folder if u need me to :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007