1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB streaming video driver for Sony DCR-TRV340

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by SacFlava, Mar 25, 2003.

1. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

LOL . Sony can be tricky sometimes , they were very unsupportive of their DVD±R burner when it first came out.
    I always suggest firewire !!: )

2. nub

nub Member

lol thx, ya ended up doing the project on a mac.. but it would be nice to be able to do my projects on a pc once in awhile.

3. tmehanna

tmehanna Member

4. readyrob

readyrob Member

I have a Sony DCR-TRV340 and just bought Pinnacle Studio 9, having a problem getting my firewire and camera to work together. I assume it is the camera drivers are not loaded correctly or updated for firewire capability. I can capture on USB port but not on firewire, computer doesn't recognize the camera is even on. I have downloaded Sony "USB" drivers but didn't find any for firewire... are they separate or the same as USB? Please Help... very frustrated.

5. tmehanna

tmehanna Member

There's no firewire driver. Cam should be recognized immediately once connected to your firewire card. Check the firewire card's drivers. Nothing to do with the cam and certainly the sony USB driver

6. readyrob

readyrob Member

Thank you for the information. I can put the Sony driver issue to rest... Not sure what to do now... I had the firewire card put in by a computer company who built my computer for me last Fall. I recently called them and they had me check my "device manager" and it appears the firewire is connected and operating correctly... are you telling me that I need drivers for the firewire card? Perhaps they overlooked this step and didn't install them with the card. They did not provide me drivers for the card that I am aware of, I didn't realize the card would require drivers... Any suggestions for determing what drivers I will need to download and where to get them??? I greatly appreciate your response... Optomistic.....!

7. readyrob

readyrob Member

Problem resolved... I decided to not overlook the obvious and disconnected my firewire cable from the port in the front of the computer and attach it to the port in the back of the computer... everything works just fine with Pinnacle 9.0. The company who made my computer assured me they had hooked up the port in the front of the computer... a lot of wasted time and energy but a learning experience all the same... thank you again for your help.

8. Zuckungen

Zuckungen Member

I just hate Sony (Again ;-) But isnt there a single site to download drivers for DCR-TRV240e --> Digital8 Drivers from a site hosting the files and not redirecting to sony? I think Sonys Driverpage is down again...

I know this is newb like question, but what do i have to install for Firewire Capturing? Firewire onBoard...
    Any drivers for cam? or just for FW Controller? And if someone is reading this:
    PLEASE MAIL ME USB Drivers for Sony Digital8

9. mrtan

mrtan Member

Readyrob,

We have the same camera DCR-TRV340. I was able to download movies through USB, but the maximum resolution I’m getting is 320*240. So after I burned the movies to CD and tried to view it on my TV. The image is very bad.

I was wandering if you were able to download the movies through firewire with very good resolution? And what resolution of movies are you getting?

I'm reluctant to spend in buying firewire and card, Because I’m afraid I might not get higher resolution.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

10. vsburner

vsburner Member

i also need the driver for the sony dcrtrv140. we lost the cd. please help thanks!