1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(using vista) I am experiencing problems, dvds freeze in playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by mikey81, Oct 15, 2007.

1. mikey81

mikey81 Member

Hi there.

I used to have no problem burning, ripping and backing up my DVDS in xp, However in vista I am experiencing problems.

In xp I used to use shrink to rip and back up and a old version of nero to burn. Had no problems used to work fine.

But in vista im using Dvd fab to rip and nero 7 (burning rom) to burn the files. However the dvd always freeze in the same place when played in my player. My DVD player is working fine as the discs I burned in XP play fine.

Can anyone help as to why this is happening? and does anyone know of a successful solution to my problem.

Thank you and kind regards

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

3. skyryder

skyryder Member

i'm curious to know if you sorted your issues.Its not the programs you are using, i suspect that its actually vista itself thats causing the hassles

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

deffo get the latest nero v7, vista dodgy with nero v7 they say it works hmmm?

i would dump nero and get another burn app, imgburn free.

5. skyryder

skyryder Member

our friend seems to have disappeared at the moment rotary, maybe in time he'll come back...........

6. soup1

soup1 Member

Somehow I don't think freezing during playback is a problem that Vista is causing anyway.

7. amantec

amantec Member

I have the same problem, and have been going around in circles around the issue....no solution. I believe that the Vista is the problem. There must be a solution for this, don't know if it's codecs or something else.

8. mikey81

mikey81 Member

hi there i havent tried any other brand disk yet! but will do

9. DJChitown

DJChitown Member

Hi,
    I have gone through 25 disks trying to burn a backup copy of Kalifornia. I have Vista on two computers and both fail to burn but have no errors reading the dvd. I have updated the firmware on the dvdrw's and that hasn't helped. I have tried imgBurn, AnyDVD, CloneDVD, Nero8, and some other programs. The DVD is ripping fine with no errors but all the programs have reported errors when burning. I finally got CloneDVD to write with no errors, but while watching the dvd on my home stand alone player the video freezes. Most of the movies, I've burned freeze. I have Sony DVD-R; TSSRcorp burner and Lite-on DVDRW.

Is Vista the problem?

10. DJChitown

DJChitown Member

My latest frustrating venture: I burned the DVD using CloneDVD and wrote the files from the HD. I burned at 4x and this is perhaps the best quality yet. But there is still some 2 second freezing throughout the movie. On each DVD it freezes at different parts of the movie. I haven't played the original disk yet but I am going to do that now. I have tried playing the movies on several different stand alone players it if is screwed up on all of them.

11. DJChitown

DJChitown Member

Ok I downloaded CloneDVD and tried to burn the movie and same problem. The original movie plays fine in my DVD stand alone player. I am using Sony DVD -r and Dynex DVD -r. Same problem with both.

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

use verbatim and see difference...