1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using VOBs from multiple DVDs

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by kite, Dec 21, 2004.

1. kite

kite Member

I am in the process of making encoding a few episodes from DVDs on to a compilation disc. However, I want this compilation to be a DVD and I'm a little stuck, usually I would just make them avi's since I know how to do that. I used DVD decryptor and ripped just the VOBs for the episodes that I want but I don't know where to go from here. First, the size of all the VOBs is > 4.38 GB so I need to compress them, I only have a single layer burner. Second, I would like to use a main menu and chapters in their most basic form if possible.

What program do you recommend that I can use to create the menus, and then what program should I use to put everything together AND compress the VOBs to fit on a DVD.

Thanks in advance.

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Hey Kite,

Have a search around...this has been answered a few times.

Several options....I know how to do it with DVD Shrink & DVD Lab, but I hear you can also use...Nero Recode2, DVD ReMake Pro or probably Nero Vision Express.

DVD Shrink & DVD Lab.
    - Leave compressing until the end.
    - DVD Shrink will grab just the bit of DVD you need using its Start/End feature. Guide available here... http://www.dvdshrink.info/compilation.php
    - Import all the VOBs into DVD Lab.
    - Create menu and add VOBs in DVD Lab and then output the DVD to your harddrive.
    - Now you open the result in DVD Shrink and shrink it.

DVD Lab fully featured 30day trial available for download.

Adder.

3. kite

kite Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I had DVDShrink, but DVDlab was just the thing I was missing.

Thanks again.