1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v180 ringtone; it is there, but doesn't work

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by jeepinaz, Mar 12, 2005.

1. jeepinaz

jeepinaz Member

Here is what I have done so far:

1. Installed p2kman. Kinda a PITA, but I got it to work by searching this forum. Thanks for the tips!

2. Installed mobile Phone Tools. Doesn't work correctly. I am able to get it to load, but alaways just says "Initializing". I can open the Multimedia Tools, I want to edit an mp3. I after getting the selection I want, it won't let me do a "Save As...", I get an error, "Failed to create file". Any ideas there?

3. I grabbed an edited mp3 from a link in this forum, and was able to move it to the a/mobile/audio, and was able to hear it in My Media, but it was not listed as a ringtone. I then searched the forum some more, and found out I had to delete the 2 .db files from audio. Did that, then I was not able to get to my Ringtones at all. So I powered off the phone, and turned it back on. It was now a ringtone, and I could hear it. I choose it as my ring tone, and tried calling myself. It didn't use the ring tone, it used a generic double ring.

I tried searching the forum again, but didn't find anything...

What am I missing?

BTW, this forum ROCKS!!!

Thanks

Mike

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

try to delete the mp3 tone then restart ur fone, then uplaod it on the source a/mobile/audio then make sure to delete the two .db files and restart ur fone again,, and c whats the result,,, btw it should work...

3. jeepinaz

jeepinaz Member

Should I use the restart feature in p2kman, or just turn the phone off and then back on?

Thanks!

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

it doesnt matter, its same anyway...

5. jeepinaz

jeepinaz Member

Got it to work! I didn't have to delete and retry...I turned my phone off for the night, and had it recharging. I then uploaded another mp3 this morning that I wanted, deleted the 2 .db files, and turned the phone off and back on. They both work now.

Very cool! Thanks for all the help!

6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

no problem at all :D