1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V551 GSM newbie help needed....

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by AgtOrange, Apr 11, 2005.

1. AgtOrange

AgtOrange Member

Hello all,

I have been checking out this forum and I like what I've seen so far.

I just recently bought my phone through ROGERS (I'm from Toronto, Canada) and need some help. I havent had a cell phone in about 4 or so years and I'm not familiar with all this new technology on it.

According to the "unlock" thread (I didnt read all the pages as it is very long), does unlocking your phone only help when it comes to using it in other countries? I dont plan to travel to other countries besides the US in the near future so I guess this doesnt really affect me. It also states in my manual:

Bluetooth wireless technology, built-in speakerphone and world phone (Quad-Band 850/900/1800/1900 MHZ) capabilities let you stay connected.

So even if I do travel this should allow me to use it wherever?

Will unlocking my phone allow me to delete some of the pictures etc etc that have this "lock" icon beside it thus not allowing me to delete them?

I read the "deleting" thread and will refer back to it when I figure out how to delete certain things to free up more space.

My phone currently states I have 5 MB available.

Instead of trying to cell me a cable to download MP3's from my work/home computer etc etc the salesperson that sold me the phone/package gave me 2 months internet browsing for free. He mentioned I could browse via my phone and download directly to it from wherever I find something I want.

Is this true as I'm basically looking for a ringtone for my phone which is being provided to me from someone I asked at another site as this song isnt available anywhere else. (They're making it for me).

I plan on frequenting this forum when I have more time available (especially over the next 3 years) as that is when the contract runs out. :) That is if I dont buy out the contract due to disatisfaction. ;)

Thank-you for any help in advance.

AgentOrange

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

unlocking ur fone will allow u to use the phone anywhere in the world and about the "Bluetooth wireless technology, built-in speakerphone and world phone (Quad-Band 850/900/1800/1900 MHZ) capabilities let you stay connected. " the answer of that is Yes it will allow u..

about deleting the lock pictures or ringtones, sometimes this fone needs a flex to unlock them and then delete them and sometimes just open the P2Kman and delete them from there without any problems....

about the ringtones if u open www.tagtag.com u will find anything u want to from Pictures to ringtones and Games,,,,,

hope all my answers will be helpful,.,,,

Peace...