1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Parrappa, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Parrappa

Parrappa Member

Hi, I posted a msg a few min ago about problems watching my VCD movie that I burned that I got off of Sharelive
    well, when I play it in my dvd player, it comes all jumbled up and the picture is fucked.....but I just tried playing it in my computer, and my comp has no problem playing this movie....now, my dvd player has never had a problem playing vcds or svcds before...can anybody help me on why it would be doing this?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I reckon I could help you yes!! Is it VCD?? and is it NTSC or PAL??

3. Parrappa

Parrappa Member

It is VCD and it is NTSC
    thankyou for helping me dela

4. Parrappa

Parrappa Member

It is a telesync release though, I read your reply to my post in the other one...I'm not sure why that would matter tho..?? but I'm sure you'll tell me :)

5. Dela

Ok, i'll show you a process i use with PAL telesyncs. Im in europe so i use PAL but downloaded PAL movies playback horribly, especially the sound. There is a way out though. It requires TMPGEnc, VCDEasy and Nero Burning Rom but dont worry, there is no encoding!! :)

Open up VCDEasy and click tools then click the mpeg tools button. Look at the CDXA2MPEG prog at the bottom, on the dat file click the browse button and open the avseq01.dat file. then click browse beside the mpeg area and browse for somewhere to save the file and make sure to add a filename with .mpg on it. Then click convert and it will rip off the movie!

Now open TMPGEnc and click file - mpeg tools. Click the simple multiplex tab and click the browse buttong beside video and add in the file you just ripped with VCDEasy, that should automatically do the input audio aswell, then make sure the output mpeg has a different filename. Change Video Type from MPEG-1 System (Automatic) to MPEG-1 VideoCD!. Then click RUN.

Now open Nero Burning Rom and start a new vcd compilation. Drag the file from the file browser in nero to the compilation window and when its done checking the file click file - write cd. That should do it! If its still the same, tell me!

6. Parrappa

Parrappa Member

Ok, I did everything that you said, step by step, the vcd still plays perfect in my computer, but on my dvd player its all garbled up and in black and white.....is there anything else I could try? could it possibly be my player? I have a Magnavox VDV450, I haven't played any VCD's in it yet, only SVCDs, but I can't imagine why it would play svcd but not vcd....

7. Dela

Ye could be your dvd player easy enough, whats it like on other vcd?

8. Parrappa

Parrappa Member

I actually downloaded another version of cradle 2 the grave in mpeg format, and burned it myself with nero, rather then .bin/.cue, and it plays fine in my dvd player....any thoughts on why the first one wouldn't play in my dvd player but played fine on my comp??
    btw..thanks for all your help dela

9. Dela

That may be because the .bin/.cue could have been made with different burning software and it may not have been fully compatible with your dvd player!