1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD with No Sound?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by devarmaya, Nov 17, 2004.

1. devarmaya

devarmaya Member

Hi I have been hunting all over for the "articles" that were reffered to from another post and I am having no luck finding them so I will just make a new thread and hope like hell you all will forgive me for it. I have TMPGenc and I made a VCD and it had no sound except for a few seconds at the begining. I used TMP to encoded the file as I have done many time before but this time it had no sound. I used Gspot to find out it is a AC3 sound file in the movie and I want to know how to change that so I can burn it so it will have sound. Can anyone please help me or direct me with a link to the article I am looking for. I have looked in the TMPGenc guide in the forums and I tried the first suggestion and got a weird decompression message, then when I scrolled down the person reffered to some "articles" sections and I will be damned if I can find it. A little assistance would be nice please.

Thanks

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

You could try extracting the sound using Virtual Dub or related program. Then try encoding it with the sound file you created. Or you could use a different video converter. Cucusoft Converter has always worked well for me.

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member