1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD won't play in DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by cdeveney, Jan 17, 2005.

1. cdeveney

cdeveney Member

I have a ge dvd player ge1106p, which the label on front says it will play VCD, I have half of a avi movie that I have encoded using tmpgenc, now I am trying to burn it with nero 6.6 the demo version, I am following the guide here for the 100% working thread/sticky. They are no problem in burning the cdr, no errors during the process with nero, I put the cd in my dvd player and the it says no disc, is there something that I am missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for all that you do for the community.

Cdeveney

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Too high write speed? Bad media? These are the only suggestions I can give.

3. cdeveney

cdeveney Member

I burnt the cdr at 2x 300kbs, that was the lowest offer that nero gave me, and I am using a 700 mb, 80 min TDK Black CDR, I am not sure if that is one of the better medias or not, I can play the movie in my computer through the Divx player, i used avicodec (sorry if I mispelled it) to determine the codec of the movie, and it says that it is a mpeg-4 video, and that the audio is a mpeg-1, whether that is important or not I do not know, Could the codec not be compatible with the DVD player, if so how would I change the codec before the burn process, I read the codec thread in the playback forum and to be quite honest, I am lost. the nitty gritty thread is daunting to me. Thanks for all the help, I appreciate what you all do for the community.
    Have a Great Day
    Cdeveney

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Let's go make it shorter: are you sure you used the method posted in http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110106 or ([bold]BAAAD!![/bold]) you used Nero starting from a plain AVI file?
    My post is really a 100% working. I can't imagine any reason for it not work!
    Nero is too buggy. It's better to be used to make a VCD from a plain mpeg-1 (or a SVCD from a mpeg-2) with good size, pAL/NTSC and so on.. that is: the encoded movie which is the output of TMPGenc!
    Note: there's no codec usage in VCD making! VCD are made of mpeg-1, NOT AVIs (which are the only who need codec!).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005