1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd wont play on dvd player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by funkam, Mar 31, 2002.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

asianhots: Start a new thread or use the search, this one has been answered earlier. Read the forum rules before posting.

2. calimero

calimero Member

Hmmm.. are u sure that your dvd player is CD-R(W) compatible ?
    May be it can read VCD but only if they are not burned on CDR.
    Reading the compatibility list found in the link above, I've seen that a certain proportion of samsung dvd players don't support CD-R or CD-RW.

3. funkam

funkam Guest

Hi calimero,I may sound stupid but what else is a vcd burnt on?Thanks Funkam

4. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

I guess what Calimero meant was that some players only support silver (ie. factory made) CDs. Those players won't playback CD-Rs at all. You can test this by burning an AudioCD and trying to listen to it on the DVD player.

5. eugen

eugen Member

I have the problem. My DVD (DCE221, analogue of Vestel 906, www.vestel.com) plays SVCD w/o sound. Seller told me that SVCD not supported. With VCD - no problem, but everybody knows that native quality of VCD is poor. What have I done - took a cue/bin image of my SVCD disk and renamed all MPG into DAT, SVD and SVCD into VCD. Everything is workable, system tells me that it is VCD disk and plays SVCD MPEG2 file.
    Maybe somebody faced with the same problem? Maybe there is another way to press my DVD palyer understand SVCD disks?

6. VCDCZY

VCDCZY Guest

I was wondering how to get a downloaded movie into a playable DVD CD? Is it possable? HELP!

7. Soran

Soran Member

Sorry for a newb asking stupid questions, but -
    how do I make a cue/bin of my svcd disk?

8. Ketola

As a newbie, you should first read the forum rules. Why on earth would you ask a question like that in this thread!?

9. UncleSean

UncleSean Member

UncleSean please help with my reply i have almost given up hope with what i am trying to do myself!!!!!

10. julie5

julie5 Guest

hi i just want to know if anyone knows how to burn vcd from a vcd. i used easy cd creator 5 platinum to burn my regular cd. i try burning the vcd from my original vcd but it can't be play in a dvd player. i could only play it in the computer. if you know how could you let me know how to burn it.
    thank you
    julie

11. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Julie5: I suggest that you read through our articles about ripping DVDs into VCD and how to burn them with Nero and try that way and see if it works.

12. Ketola

Julie5: Make sure you used the CD copy function. If it doesn't work, try another burning software (e.g. Nero Burning Rom) to make an identical copy of the disc.

13. ucahg

ucahg Member

What if you didn't finalize the CD? What would you do to finalize it in nero, assuming all the data is on it?