1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Slow Xbox Under XBConnect!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by stjowa, Aug 9, 2004.

1. stjowa

stjowa Guest

Hey all,

I just went out and bought a new 10/100 Linksys Etherfast PCI Adapter card for my PC (becuase my old card was getting a SUPER slow FTP transfer rate of 500 kb/s). I put it in and it had a pretty good FTP transfer rate of about 6 mb/s on average. The problem is when I connect to XBConnect, I get VERY VERY bad lag time! I mean about three full seconds of pure lag! Even my old card (literally old, I found it in my garage) didn't have that much lag! XBConnect says my average ping is around 700 ms!

My Question is, What am I doing wrong? Did I buy the wrong kind of network card? If I did what is the right kind?

Here are my specs.

-Ten Foot Connector Cable for PC to Xbox hookup
    -PC Network Card (brand is described above) with cable running straight from PC to XBox
    -Separate Network Card with cable running straight to Router for Broadband Internet Connection
    -Xecuter 4977 Bios
    -Pheonix Bios Loader through Audio Exploit

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2004
  2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Try configuring your router. Firewalls slow your connection time way down, and your router will probably have one in it. What spped broadband you on.

3. stjowa

stjowa Guest

How exactly would I go about configuring it. I mean what settings would I look to change? Also, I have charter pipeline cable.

4. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Im dont deal with router's so i wouldnt really know. What router you got? Im sure praetor could help you out though :)

5. stjowa

stjowa Guest

Hey, I read up a little bit about it on XBConnect's web site. I then forwarded port 8206 (I think that's what it was) on my Linksys router. After doing that, I ran System Link mode on Halo and virtually got no lag.

For some reason though I don't think that would make a difference. I might of just been having a bad day the other day. I don't know.

Thanks Everybody!

6. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Ye that would have made a difference because it would have to get around more ports. Glad you have fixed it though.