1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vhs to dvd on pc

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by wschw, May 31, 2007.

1. wschw

wschw Guest

i read just about everything re copying vhs tapes to dvd, and found most of the answers. I am using a tv capture card hooked up to the vcr. i have numerous old tapes (my own store bought).which have macrovision or other kind of copy protection. I am unable to copy same as intervideo winDVD recorder 5 advises copy protection/. In some articles i noticed that I need an image stabilizer, but all the articles i read show that they are being used with a stand alone dvd recorder. My question is this?if i get an image stabilizer and hook it up between the vcr and tv card will the signal come through and record directly to the hard drive.

Anybody, pleae thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

If the output connections from the stabilizer match up with the input to your capture card - yes it will work.
    The output from my tape unit is two wires direct to the recorder for the audio and the single video in and out of the stabilizer to the recorder.

3. wschw

wschw Guest

I have the same connections, so it will work. Thanks a lot. This may also help others for a hook up with vcr to harddrive.
    Thanks again