1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to MPEG4 transfer .. Help! :)

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Editson, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Editson

Editson Member

So a buddy of mine has been transfering funny footage I get from VHS to mpeg but he moved out of the country (USA,) and I don't want to bother him with additional transfers :) So I'm wondering if it's possible for someone here to.

>> Transfer a less than 15 minute long video I made to MPEG4, I will pay whoever can do it $25 dollars plus shipping to return the video and CD with the mpeg4 on it.

First one who would be able to transfer the VHS to MPEG4 and posts either their e-mail here, PMs me or e-mails me at [​IMG], I'll email you, you tell me where to mail it out and I will with $30 (five bucks for regular USPS first class mail.)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  2. gotisos

gotisos Guest

Let me save you the trouble:

1. you may want to remove your email addy from your post
    2. it would cost the same amount of $ to do it yourself if you have a computer
    3. http://search.ebay.com/usb-tv_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8
    4. get windvr trial or some type of capturing software that converts to mpeg, and connect your vcr to you computer, and walla, reproduce it as many times as your heart desires.

you can also follow one of the many guides posted here:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

3. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Exactly how is the poster supposed to hook up their VCR to a computer?
    You need hardware for that, and maybe they're not willing to invest in a capture device for one 15 minute video.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Let's have a look a the forum rules Editson. posting email addies isn't allowed.

5. Editson

Editson Member

Yeah I'm not very computer tech some I'm trying to find someone who'd have that set up and I could pay them. If anyone can, let me know, thanks!

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you may also check out dvdsanta.This program can convert your mpeg4 format files back to an mpeg 2 compatible format and then you will be able to burn them to disc.

As you dont want to do this your self your best option is to look locally for a computer store that deals in translations.They will be able to help you.Another option is to google for a solution or use the yellow pages or phone directory.

Happy hunting

andmerr

7. gotisos

gotisos Guest

well if they are going to spend $30 just to reencode something they might as well just buy the hardware(considering you can get it on ebay for that price), duh, that was kind of the point of the link. willing or not teach a person how to fish and they will eat for a lifetime, give them a fish, and sh!t they're gonna hassle you for a fish everytime they are hungry for more. come on sense?

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

No you wouldn't ... thread title changed.