1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video capture Problem!!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by dmbrown99, Jan 15, 2010.

1. dmbrown99

dmbrown99 Member

Hi there,
    I am really hoping someone can help me here because I am tearing my hair out! I recently purchased a new laptop Acer Aspire 5332 and I want to capture video from my digital video recorder. I had no problem doing this before with my old laptop (which is now broke beyond repair) it was also an acer aspire. The difference was that my old laptop had a PCMCIA big slot down the side, so all i did was buy a pc card with firewire ports on it and it worked perfectly. The problem now is...my new laptop only has one slot. Its a very small slot which i think is meant for camera sd cards and stuff. I tried buying a 1394a card off of the internet as I thought this was the one I needed, only to find the card is slightly too wide to fit in the slot. So Im now lost in how I can get my video to the laptop. Surely there must be a way!!!!! Its a new laptop!!
    Many thanks
    Dan

2. bradnick

bradnick Member

Hi, I purchesed ezcap 166 usb capture for abot £20, I hava a sony hanycam and it was not compatible with windows 7 64 bit. I can now transfer all my video with no problems

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Oops, I thought that that Acer had a firewire port. I can't imagine any new laptop not having one. :(

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010