1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Freezes using TMPGEnc-2.02.31.119

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by blackswan, Nov 22, 2004.

1. blackswan

blackswan Member

I am trying to convert a seinfeld episode from avi to vcd/mpeg1 with TMPGEnc-2.02.31.119 and...

it will go for about 20 seconds and then freeze
    i was able to convert other files just fine, but for some reason every episode i try to convert it freezes (but the rendering continues...it just doesn't get past a certain frame in each file)

what is my problem?
    is there something i can do?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I've no idea, it never happened to me, sorry, I have no idea (I suppose you have the proper codec installed, isn't it?).
    What about locating the frame at which the encoding freezes (look at x/X at the main screen during encoding) tryng to perform Settings__Advanced___Select Range with TMPGenc? (if this is only a bug in some frames due to bad AVI, you could skip it)

Just a problem: 'Select Range' is buggy and when you have an .AVI movie and it is calculated in 30 fps even if when you encode it is on 23.976/25 fps (therefore the correct frame is F' = F * 25/30 on a PAL movie and F' = F * 23.976/30 on a NTSC movie).

3. blackswan

blackswan Member

but why is it that most files are fine? but for the seinfeld episodes it freezes?

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I found hundreds of movie bad encoded, each of them with a different problem (audio out-of-sync, unreadable audio, bad video...).
    Another thing you could try is to load the movie with e.g. Virtualdub then re-compress it (Save As...) in AVI form with your favorite codec (the best I tested are DivX/Xvid multipass).

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004