1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Player doesn't play AVI files.

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jbauern, Jun 12, 2012.

1. jbauern

jbauern Member

Hello. . My cousin and i are wanting to share home burned videos of our vacations, and it seems that he cannot view mine. He has a A305-s6905 running VISTA and i have a P755D-s5172 running WIN 7. It seems that if i burn the videos as DVD or AVI, they wont play. The DVD comes up with Toshiba's DVD plaver, but does play, but then stops. It will play commercial discs with no problems. when the discs have AVI files on them, and he goes thru EXPLORER, the discs will play the sound, but not the video portion. I have used 2 different brands of discs, and have burned the discs at both 8x and 2x speeds with the same results. I also have used ASHAMPOO BURNING STUDIO 11 and AVS4YOU software with the same results. I am at a loss as to where to turn to next. I have used EXPLORER and also TOSHIBA burning software to no avail. can some one please assist me...

TIA

John

2. aldan

aldan Active member

what video player are you using?i personally use vlc.no need to download any codec packs with this.not knowing what player you are using i will take a shot in the dark and say codecs.download the klite codec pack.

3. jbauern

jbauern Member

thank you. I have suggested to him that he run VLC PLAYER, but he is stubborn, and does not want to install any software right now, as he doing online college courses . He wants to run WIDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, but i do not know which one he is using. He is running WINDOWS VISTA . I was thinking of converting them to WMV files , and would they play on his MEDIA PLAYER?

4. aldan

aldan Active member

hes still gonna have to download a codec pack using wmp.

5. jbauern

jbauern Member

i converted them to WMV and he he is able to watch them now. without installing CODECS. it seems he has them installed for viewing.

6. aldan

aldan Active member

good you got it sorted.