1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video quality

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kyepen, Mar 15, 2007.

1. kyepen

kyepen Member

First of all if this is somewhere else I applogize in advance, I have done a search and cannot find exactly what I am needing. When converting an avi to dvd file my finished product always comes out "jumpy". That is the only way I know how to explain it. Seems to have a small pause in between each frame. I am using Cucusoft MPEG/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD/MPEG Converter. Any help would be appreciated. Thank

2. snapmak

snapmak Member

Another forum newbie here. I have the same problem with Nero. I capture footage from my DV, using Nero, as an AVI. Plays back perfectly with real player, but if I try editing with Nero Vision it appears as "time-lapse", showing a still frame every few seconds. Audio is not a problem. Doesn't happen if I backup video from another DVD, only DV capture, yet other players handle it fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Snapmak

3. snapmak

snapmak Member

Sorry, haven't figured out how to edit my last post. Didn't mean to hijack kyepen's original post, so please only reply to my question if it is the same problem as kyepen.
    Cheers!

snapmak

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

there could be a few things that could cause this, cheep media like in no name blank dvd's, or low quailty dvd's memorex,staples,hp, those kinds, did you check the quailty of the avi's that you downloaded from thee net, multitasking while you are burning, burning to fast, get some good media like tyuden,verbs,fuji, don't burn faster thain 4x but don't burn any slower eather

5. Molder

Molder Regular member

IMHO don't use Nero Vision and some of the Cucusoft software is at best dodgy.

Try AVI2DVD, search Afterdawn for the download it is here, it's fairly easy to use and there is a TUT for it here somewhere as well.

And then try what rdmercer1 suggests.

Post back and tell us how you go on.

M