1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Signal/Harddrive's

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Zeone, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Zeone

Zeone Member

Ok so heres the problem i turned off my computer to install my WD 400 40 gig harddrive and my computer was working fine, so i turned it off to install the harddrive and all the jumpers were on the harddrives were right so i turned my computer on and it didnt load anything on the screen it made a high pitch noise then turned off i got it so it stays on now but nothing comes on the screen like there is no signal i even tested with a different video card to see if my video card went out but it didnt do anything still i even took the ram out and switched it around a little bit and it still didnt work i even put a new motherboard and processor in and it still didnt work, i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions Thanks

2. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

You didnt mention that you took out the New HDD you installed and tried to boot again how you had it before....

Installing a new HDD will not stop the computer booting, even if you have two masters etc on the same cable.

CJC

3. Zeone

Zeone Member

I tried that to sorry i forgot to mention, still didnt work =/ im so frustraited with my PC right now its always one thing after another

4. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey

Have you tried a different monitor?

5. Zeone

Zeone Member

I know its not the monitor cause the harddrive doesnt beep, at all it always beeped before getting to the checking system ram screen plus this monitor is less then a year old =/