1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Stabilizers/Clarifiers

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by disones4u, Jun 21, 2007.

1. disones4u

disones4u Member

I'm in the process of deciding how I want to transfer old protected VHS to DVD and have some questions for those of you who have worked the bugs out of this process. I have no hardware at all so I'll need to buy either a capture card (external usb) or a DVD recorder; both of which will need a video stabilizer.

Q-1 The biggest question is which stabilizers has everyone had the best luck with?

I've heard about TBC's and others but don't quite understand the difference. I'd like moderate expense with best quality for that price lol (don't we all)

(I would like to use the stabilizer to record satillite tv from my DVR as well and so, this may limit my options since that signal is digital.)

Q-2 Do you go to your computer with recorded tv shows or right to DVD recorder and why.

Please give info on problems that you've had one way or the other as I'm concerned about quality...specifically audio sync. It seems that direct to DVD recorder is best but I'm also concerned about problems with newer recorders not respecting stabilizers whereas the computer is older and has older copy guard software so I think that it may be more "friendly".

Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

1. I copy tapes to a standalone DVD recorder via a fifteen year old 'Optex' that was purchased from Radio shack.
    Many people over forty have one of these collecting dust in a drawer.

2.Record TV straight to DVD.No dropped frames and the PC is not tied up.

Don't know anything about digital TV.