1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Transfer iPod 30gb

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by cmot, Jan 24, 2007.

1. cmot

cmot Member

Hi...I'm a newbie both to this board and to iPod in general.

Please excuse a rather basic question but...

Is there a limit to the filesize of video you can add to iTunes? Every time I try to add an mp4 over 200mb, iTunes simply ignores it.
    No probs at all with smaller files. I'm using Videora to convert the mpgs to mp4

Am I doing something extremely dumb?

Thanks.

John

2. dkmopq

dkmopq Guest

I can add the video file bigger than 200mb to iTunes with no any problem. Can you playback the file with quicktime player successfully?

3. cmot

cmot Member

I have tried the offending files and none of them will open in QuickTime so I reckon there must be some file corruption in there somewhere. I'll try to convert them again and see what happens.

Many, many thanks for putting me on the right path...much appreciated.

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Also, sometimes the files name will be to big, so try shortening it, but keep the .mp4 at the end!! I've had this problem before, and thats how I fixed it, so I hope it works! ;)

5. cmot

cmot Member

I think I was guilty of that crime too...lol! The filenames were mega-long...

Thanks again for the help...I'm going to spend a few hours this weekend getting these video files sorted once and for all...

6. coolguyz

coolguyz Member

Hi,

I am having a difficulty syncing my ipod with one of the mp4 movie (sized around 1 Gb) which I have. I am doing everything the tutorial (on this site) mentions but no use.

I am using iTunes 7.0.2.16. The movie video is converted to mp4 using cucusoft converter. I can play it in iTunes but when I go to 'File'-->'Sync iPod' ..nothing seems to happen.

What should I do? Am I missing any steps or not seeing things correctly. Please help.

Thanks

7. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest

Have you successuly added other movies to your iPod?