1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video_ts file burning- beaten to death I know

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bourne553, Apr 5, 2005.

1. bourne553

bourne553 Member

Hi there, new to the forums. I am hopeing you guys can shed some light on my problem.
    Before I decided to post I did a search for similar threads related to Video_ts files. I found about a million threads but none seemed to clearify my problem.
    I am kind of new at DVD thing so please bare with me.

I have a movie folder. Within the movie folder I have a folder named "Video_TS". Also within that folder I have 4 other files one is "bs1" and its an mpeg file, then there is one called "bs1.srt". The other are the same files except they are intitled "bs2". Their file size is 0 so I don't think they are of much importance.
    Now in the other folder (the Video_ts Folder) there are a serious of files VTS_01_0...and so on. From what I gather these files are actually what make up the information on the DVD. After doing a little bit of research I discovered that I could actually burn the files in this way onto a DVD and have the movie play on a stand alone DVD player. I was pointed in the direction of Nero Vision Express to burn DVDs. So anyways to get to my actualy problem

I downloaded and installed Nero Vision Express ver. 3.1.0.0. Once in the program I went Make DVD> DVD Video> Add Video Files. I was prompted with an option to merge all VOB files, it sounded like a good thing to do so I did. Everything works great, it analys's everything good, adds the sections fine until the last section (9 of 9). The program hangs up and stops, it doesn't crash it just stops. I aloud it to sick for about 10 mins and I got nothing. So I shut the program down and tried again, same thing, everything ran great right until the end. It occurs when I try to bring the VOB files into Nero.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Are there other programs that might work better? Are the files even in the right format?
    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

not sure why you got 4 folders in a video ts folder?

all you really need to burn a dvd is the video ts folder like you say with the files of type you mention!

but i would click that mpeg and see what it plays! thats wierd being there!

not sure and never come across a bs2 file it may be an avi type as i think the bs1.srt srt is subtitles...

you dont need vision express you can use nero burning rom on tab button ADD Video then load all files of bup/ifo/vob in hte folder it makes called VIDEO_TS and burn...

it wont change anything! also vobs need to stay in 0.99gig sizes dont put them all in one lump!

there shouldnt be any folders inside the video ts folder i dont think? i never seen it but i do alot of movie only...

you could try burning the whole lots of folders as it may be a menu in mpeg format and subtitles etc?

1 burn the lot how i said

2 just burn video ts files and remove the other folders!

BUT BEFORE BURN LOAD THE FOLDER IN DVD SHRINK!!! you can see movie and see if its ok too!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  3. bourne553

bourne553 Member

There is the main folder, then within the main folder there is a folder labeled "the bourne supremacy" then with that folder there is the BS1 BS1.srt.... Then with in the "the bourne surpremacy folder is the Video_TS.

Anyways, so I load the Video_TS folder into DVD shrink and I can test to see if the movie actually works? While I am burning the DVD should I leave the folder loaded into DVD shrink?

With Nero burning rom i go
    Start> All Programs> Nero> Nero 6 Enterprize Edition> Nero Burning Rom>
    There there is the window that pops up labeled " New compilation" where I can switch between burning CD or DVD. I switch it to DVD and then from the menu on the left I pick DVD- Video?
    Do I have everything right up to this point?
    If I am the DVD should burn and then I test to see if it works. Everything sound good??

Thanks so much for the help up to this point, I am sure you have all heard these questions a million times.

4. bourne553

bourne553 Member

I just tried loading the VIDEO_TS folder into DVD Shrink 3.2 and got this error:
    "DVD Shrink encountered an error and connot continue.
    Invalid data in file "D:.........\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB"

I take it that this means the file that I have is corrupt?

5. bourne553

bourne553 Member

Uh ok something weird. The file that Shrink DVD is having problems with seems to be fine. I tried playing it on my computer using Nero Showtime and the movie played fine. the file being "VTS_01_1"

This is confusing

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

dvd shrink is an old app now so it may be the app not your video file!

i would try burning to a disc ! try a rw disc maybe...

do you have bup files and ifo files with your vobs? these 2 could be currupt? but you can make new bup and ifo useing a free app called IFOEDIT (very easy to get these!) load app look at bottom middle and click button CREATE IFO (use same destination folder as vobs GET RID OF OLD BUP AND IFO THERE! leave only vobs!) then create ifo!

then try shrink again? or just burn!

it may be ok! not sure why you got srt subtitles files etc?

7. bourne553

bourne553 Member

Alright cool. I will try both things and hopefully it will work. And yes I do have bup and ifo files with the VOB files. I will try creating new ones. If it doesn't work I will try burning anyways and see what happends.

Thanks so much for the help I really appreciate it. I will let you know as soon as I try it!!

Thanks so much again!!

8. bourne553

bourne553 Member

Well Rotary I tried burning the the files the way you said through Nero Enterprise. When I pressed the burn button and the burn progress scene pops- up I get an error message saying that the DVD files could not be relocated properly. then it says if i choose to continue the movie may not play properly. So i just quit right away. should i go ahead and burn to spite that message?

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i have seen that messgae when you can go another route with nero, and it does work! so yes try a burn, but i think it mat be the files are not good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

is this a downloaded movie ?.. not wanting to detract from your guys dialogue, but the very first post seemed to suggest it's a converted avi or similar..

edit - was wondering where the subtitle (.srt) and other stuff has come from in the video_ts folder that's all...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  11. Laura_e

Laura_e Member

Hi. Just a suggestion but I noticed that you said you had nero vision express 3.1.0.0. People have been having problems with this update and you could try going back to nero vision express 3.0.1.27. I have reverted back to this version and now have no problems at all with my burning.

12. bourne553

bourne553 Member

Rotary:
    I noticed that in the screen shots you provided there are only a few files within the Video_ts folder. In my Video_ts folder I have a total of 41 files the majority being back up files to the IFO's. Maybe this could have something to do with it? I still have to try and create new IFO and BUP files to see if that helps. I think that I will try a burn first though and just see if it works.

Creaky: Yes it is a downloaded movie

Laura_e:
    Do you know where I might find the older version of nero express?

thanks
    todd

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  13. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

no problem more files is fine! my one is a main movie only type rip, a full menu/extras/film should be alot more...

hi just had a poke round nero ftp servers here you go...

ftp://ftp5.de.nero.com/software/NeroVisionExpress/NVE30114.exe

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  14. bourne553

bourne553 Member

Rotary man great news!!
    I burned those files, everything seemed to work great, it played in my dvd player no problem!! I haven't watched it right through yet but everything seemed to work fine!!
    I just want to thank you for all your help. I wouldn't have been able to do it with out your input

Thanks again!!

15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

brill news!

16. bourne553

bourne553 Member

Rotary, the link you gave me for nero express vision ver.30114 no longer exists on their FTP site. Have any other ideas where I might be able to find it. I have been looking but no luck thus far.

17. rammuch71

rammuch71 Guest

this situation may be similar to this problem in this thread. ok so i have a movie file with vts/bup/and video ts files all playable as a nero showtime file and it works well i tried to burn a copy for my dvd player for the TV and the player said incorrect disk then i tried using nero burning rom the way it was put in this thread the burn went well but got the same issue i can only play the file on my cpu i also checked and it has a udf format(not sure what that is yet) i am not sure what i am doing wrong and this is not the first set of nero showtime files that i have done this with it does the same with the other files of the same type i try to burn any ideas on how to get a working copy form these types of files or tell me what i am doing wrong in addition i have also tried to burn a copy with dvd shrink with no success please help

18. bourne553

bourne553 Member

I am not sure but it sounds like you are missing the .IFO files? I don't know if this would affect the burn or not though. Try posting a new message you might get more help!!