1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIDEO_TS files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mark4222, Oct 29, 2007.

1. mark4222

mark4222 Newbie

HI, I am new at this so please bare with me.
    I decrypted a dvd movie with dvd decrypter and stored it on my hard drive. There are about 16 files that look like this. 1 VIDEO_TS, VTS_01_0 VTS_01_1 VTS_02_0 and VTS_02_1 and up to VTS_05_8.

My question is that I found a video editing program called MPEG VIDEO WIZARD that I'VE been trying to use but when I inport the files from
    my hard drive they don't all seem to be there. Most of the files are 0.99GB.

For instance VTS_05_5 is 0.99GB and it is the beginning of the movie. VTS_05_6 is also 0.99GB and is the middle of the movie but it's in Spanish! I try every file and some are in Spanish and some in English but the entire movie is not there in English. I Decrypted 4 different movies and the same thing happens.

I read everything I could on Dvd Decrypter but I'm not even sure if that's where the problem is.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank You.

2. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

Ok what you did was just riped the dvd files to your computer, which are .vob, .ifo, and .bup file types. Before you can edit the video you must make it mpeg to use it with that program you found. you need to convert the .vob .ifo and .bup files to mpeg.
    I would try to explain that to you, but to tell you the truth I don't know how yet ether.
    Hope i was some help

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2007
  3. skyryder

skyryder Member

it seems that the movies your decrypting have more than one language stream attached to them.The program your using seems to be extremely hard but i had no problem getting my file across as long as i picked one file at a time and loaded them in (one vob file at a time).

What are you trying to do?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

yeah what you trying to get to? if its just the english drop the files after dvd decrptyper to dvd shrink take out what you dont want then backup...

5. skyryder

skyryder Member

rotary: nice: been awhile

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hiya bud hows life your end...

7. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

You guy, sorry if I'm wrong, I'm still in learning state. But the files he read off are dvd files, .ifo .vob and .bup correct? or no?
    And if so, doesn't he have to convert the movie to mpeg to use if with the editor he mentioned? Or is that an unnecessary step?
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, i'm trying to learn as much as i can.

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

not sure never used this app...

but skyrider above sounds like he tried it useing/loading 1 vob at a time...

9. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

hmm ok. Well anyone else that knows if you could explain what I don't understand that would be cool.

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

also depends which one he has?

MPEG VIDEO WIZARD

MPEG VIDEO WIZARD DVD

to note a vob is mpeg2 dvd compliant

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  11. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

oh lol well thats a new thing I learned today.
    I didn't know that.

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

never to old to learn, i didnt know shizz went i first came here, still learning now...

hey check my sig and come chat with us also we help others there...

13. skyryder

skyryder Member

i'm playing around with the mpeg video wizard, i'll give the other one a go if you like.
    The manuals pretty intense though.,but worth a read as you can do so much with this program.

Theres another application which did take my fancy, its called kingdia video converter.Very easy to use ,very precise in what result you end up with.Will also ajust to audio ac3 files with video.

Hope this helps some one

14. mark4222

mark4222 Newbie

HI, Thanks everyone for the advice before.
    I am trying to find a software program where I can select the scenes I want to keep, and the scenes I want to remove, from a DVD.
    I also want to be able to edit my DV camcorder footage.
    I've been using the trial version of MPEG Video Wizard but I am having problems trying to understand the different file types. I've been importing VOB, MPEG, AVI and DV files into MPEG Video Wizard and they all seem to work OK. So let me ask, are these files all the same?
    When I use my DV Camcorder what type of files are they?
    I purchased Pinnacle Studio 10 editing software and for some reason I can't edit anything but my DV files on it.
    I guess I need to learn more about file types, but any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

15. skyryder

skyryder Member