1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video_TS + VOBS+ IFO & ADUIO_TS is all i need?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvd2crap, Mar 31, 2003.

1. dvd2crap

dvd2crap Guest

On this forum, someone posted that all you need to do is to burn the vob files, IFO file within a VIDEO_TS Folder and a blank AUDIO_TS folder onto a DVD and a standalone DVD player will play the DVD disc.
    I burned the forementioned files with Primo onto a DVD disc and it DOES NOT play on standalone DVD player. I get "Disc Error" message on the DVD player. Has anyone successfully burned a DVD this way?...
    (I ripped the DVD with DVDecripter to get the vob, ifo files)

2. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest

You are close to correct, you should have a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder (must use all UPPER CASE by the way). As for the files, you need .ifo .bup and .vob files for a working dvd.
    An example of a simple dvd structure would look something like this:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB

When ripping with DVD Decrypter it automatically only selects the movie files for ripping and not all necessary files to create a working dvd. If the size of all files is less than 4.37gb then select ALL files for ripping and put them in VIDEO_TS folder and burn away. If the size of all files is larger than 4.37gb then you will have to compress the files to fit on one dvd-r (dvd2one does this) or split the movie to 2 dvd-r (dvdxcopy does this).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2003
  3. dvd2crap

dvd2crap Guest

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.VOB

Does DVDdecripter create the above files ?...I don't remember DVDDecripter generating these files.

4. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest

DVD Decrypter does not create any files, it just rips what you select from the original dvd.

5. bsizzle

bsizzle Member

So the VIDEO_TS.VOB file is necessary for a working DVD? because I'm having some playback problems. Also, what do you put in the AUDIO_TS folder?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2003
  6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You do not need to add anything to the AUDIO_TS Folder.

7. smg

smg Regular member

LUNATIC? I thought DVDDecrypter selected only the movie files automatically. Do you mean, that I can get dvddecrypter to select what I want it to? I only want the Movie and nothing else to play my dvd in my store bought dvd player. Naturally I would like the ending credits if possible. But how can I tell which file are the Movie and End credit files and any other necesary files that I need to have in order to have a working dvd that will play on my player. Where/which are the audio files. I am using RecordNowMax with DVDDecrypter with Pioneer A05 burner. I have read herbs posts, but he is only uses smartripper and Nero I believe, so I can't go by him. As I use DVDDecrypter and Recordnowmax. And is that VIDEO_TS folder one that I must create myself or is it created automatically, and where/who/when dooes it get greated if it is indeed created automatically. In other words, at what point/which step during which process does the VIDEO_TS folder get created. And when/where do I create any other folders (If I have to create them myself)?

8. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest

In my previous post I said DVD Decrypter automatically only selects the movie files for ripping. These files contain the audio, subtitles, and video (including credits). You will still need to use ifoedit or dvd2one to create the rest of the files needed for burning.
    Once you have all of the files needed you create the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders and put all your files in the VIDEO_TS folder and burn.

9. smg

smg Regular member

Oh ok. I am beginning to see the light. Thanks.
    My kingdom for a brain.

10. blackice

blackice Member

IFO Edit

Will convert this

VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB

Into This:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB

but what do you do to convert

VTS_02_0.IFO
    VTS_02_0.VOB?

If I select the VTS_02_IFO it will only write the VTS_01_0.BUP.

How do you create the others in BUP?

11. herbsman

IFOedit is NOT needed for the last time.

If you have :
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB

then just run them through DVD2One and it will not only compress down to DVD-R (4.3Gb) it'll add needed .IFO or .BUP files

(I swear I've posted this info at least 10 times)

12. blackice

blackice Member

Well I know that!!! and I can read!!!!!!!

I am trying to do something different!!!!
    I have entire DVDs that will fit on DVD5's,
    I and I am trying to do it without using XCopy!

Its a simply question that I am asking,

what do you do to convert

VTS_02_0.IFO
    VTS_02_0.VOB?

If I select the VTS_02_IFO it will only write the VTS_01_0.BUP.

How do you create the others in BUP?

13. herbsman

Okay , dont get out of your pram !!!!

Keep reading then

I've never used DVDxCopy and never will so I totally agree on not using that.

14. kinel

kinel Regular member

sorry to be a pain but how do u craete VIDEO_TS folder ive read loads of post but i dont no ive got dvd shrink nero5.6 dvd decripter first i open decripter and select all files then go to decripot the dvd is a -5 its only a small moivie about 20 mins then i go in to pinnacle instant dvd and double click on hard drivethen i click on video_ts then it brings up a window what says choose sourse image there it says video _ts.info in the file name it says video _ts underneath it says files of type all supporeted images then i press open then i press start the error comes up 4.50gb free disk space required but only 4.42 are availible and also says delete files to gain more and press retry or press abort to stop operation this is what i do exactly all the timeis it becuse ime using dvd rw+ s or is it because i havent created a folder with video-----ts cas i dont know how to create that folder i though when i decripted it made a folder called it

15. linkz

linkz Member

I have done all this but when I play it on my DVD player I don't get sound.

16. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

Well the above seems such a-lot of fuss. I never use Decrypter. Havn't you all heard of DVD Shrink? This will create all the files you need to burn using Nero or similar and to fit on to one DVD-R. I've never had any problems with it. Not only that - it's free.

17. herbsman

kinel:

If you use Nero

DVD > Compile a DVD > Other DVD Formats > DVD Video...click on the VIDEO_TS Folder (that resides in the DVD Video part of the program) then highlight all..drag n drop them to the empty VIDEO_TS folder...burn baby burn !: )

There isn't an actual need to create a VIDEO_TS Folder at all...oh and by the way AUDIO_TS doesn't need anything put into it.
    --------------------------------------------

Nero is the only burner I use so I thought I'd add this info , just in case like !

18. kinel

kinel Regular member

ime trying it now hope it works wil it work if ime using +format dvd rw and media

19. kinel

kinel Regular member

i just tried it no joy it writes it all way says done sucsusfully when i put it in power dvd it says dvd error unknon file format error code 89o3oooo is it because iime using dvd +disks cas every thread i read it keeps saying use dvd- disks but i cant use dvd - disks

20. kinel

kinel Regular member

could the problem ime using dvds rws+phillips there expensive mediathey cost me 30 pound for 5 got in salw they were origanly 60 pound so thee good quality