1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIDEO_TS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rotsen, Sep 4, 2004.

1. rotsen

rotsen Member

I made a 3.8 GB QuickTime movie on Final Cut Express and want to burn it on a DVD. When I put it into Toast Titanium 5.2.3 it says "Waiting for Writer" I assume this means the VIDEO_TS folder mentioned on p.74. How do I get my movie into that folder? Is it a purchasable downloadable program?

2. rotsen

rotsen Member

Video_TS I see tt has no meaning in itself. Somebody please tell me how to make my 3.5GB QuickTime movie get burned to a DVD using Toast 5.23. How do I get the VIDEO_TS folder that appears to be necessary? and how do you get the TS folder wrapped around the QuicKTimeor whatever it is you do.

3. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

if its Quicktime u cant put on DVD in Video_ts folder

on a standard DVD for watching in a standalone u need a VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folder

in the AUDIO_TS folder goes nothing

in the VIDEO_TS folder goes vobs, ifo's and bups

im afraid youve wasted your time - you cant get quicktime movie onto disc with that method, plus theres no standalone that would play it

4. rotsen

rotsen Member

Thank you for your prompt reply. But there must be a way to get a QuickTime document or its transformed version onto a DVD. I have to give a talk in November to several hundred people about Crude Oil and its imminent shortage. I have the talk in PowerPoint on a CD, but the firm that will project the sound and slides prefers a DVD. I have the talk in a Final Cut movie version at 10 GB. That would require three DVD's, but that is OK if it can be put on a DVD more easily than the QuickTime version.
    In any case where do you get the VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folder and what does vobs, ifo's and bups mean?

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi rotsen, I found this converter doing a Google search for (Convert quicktime video to DVD).

http://www.artech365.com/mpeg4maker/index.htm

Not exactly sure this is what you need but I think it is.
    Good Luck.

Jerry
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004
  6. rotsen

rotsen Member

Thank you, Sir. I shall investigate the URL at once. And thanks fpr reminding me that Google is a dumbass's best friend.

7. rotsen

rotsen Member

Unfortunately it is for Windows.I have Mac OS 10.3.5 But you give me courage to keep looking.

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

That wasn't my intention. Just hope its what you need .

Jerry

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Sorry to hear that. I tried.

Jerry

10. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

this Firm that u have to do the show to

will you be putting the disc into a computer? because if you are you can simply install Quicktime and store the quicktime file on a DVD - then play it in quicktime player on the computer

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

12. rotsen

rotsen Member

The firm will supply a high-powered digital projector, a large screen, two-speaker audio. and a man to run it. I interrupt the slide projection and its audio track four times. The lady whom I contacted prefers DVD to CD, so as I cannot get PowerPoint on a DVD I went to Final Cut Express and made a movie in both QuickTime and Final Cut . I want only to be able to put one or the other, or even Power Point on a DVD to accede to her erquest. This is going to cost me nearly a grand, so I want it well done.

13. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

well then spread it over DVDs

14. rotsen

rotsen Member

If the program can be read by a conventional DVD player, it may be the way for me to go. In any case, thank you for your continued interest in my problem.

15. rotsen

rotsen Member

"Spread it over DVD's" That is fine to say, but how do I get the Final Cut movie in shape to be recognized by the DVD burner, currently Toast Titanium 5.2.3. I can get 6 or any other brand if it would help. It is the mechanics of wrapping the movie in the proper identities so the burner will accept it. The acronyms you mentioned, I have been trying to decipher, with some success, but how do you apply them?

16. j3110

j3110 Guest

Mac makes the software to do what you are trying, I think. Take a look at a peice of software called iDVD. It came on a friend's new iBook. I'm sure Apple isn't so silly that they wouldn't take their standard video format and make it writable to a DVD with their DVD authoring software.

17. rotsen

rotsen Member

Dear j3110:

iDVD is loaded with features that make it impractical do do what I want: fixed time for the projection of each slide, and forced "themes". If I could find the behind the scenes mechanism for making the project palatable to the CD burner and export itto my Final Cut movie that would be great, but I am just a beginner in this field. A D Sc. in geology doesn't help here.

18. j3110

j3110 Guest

DVD restrictions themselves are pretty steap. It sounds like what you want is a bunch of static images with next and back buttons at the bottom using DVD's scene selection methods. Seems like there should be software out there to turn a slide show into a DVD menu system, but I've never heard of it, and I've looked before. You may have to do it by hand with some of the low level tools, or you may want to get out of it the cheap way and use one of the Picture DVD/CD formats that would probably do away with your transitions.

I used some software on a PC that let me do things by hand once, but that wasn't much fun. The theme's are still mandatory, but you could reset each peice of the theme manually to have a black background, white text, etc.

Sorry I don't have a better answer, and good luck with your hunt.

19. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Writing this as a DVD-V is going to be hit and miss - it may or may not play back in whatever machine you get stuck with.

What I would do is write the Quicktime movie as it is to a DATA DVD, not a DVD-V, and then you can simply copy it over to the presentation system, and run it through Quicktime.
    This is by far the easiest method to do this, rather than bugger around with a DVD movie.

BTW - for standalone you don't need an Audio_TS folder either - it is for DVD-Audio only, and completely meaningless in DVD-ROM or DVD-Video discs.

20. HardTymes

HardTymes Guest

I hope I read this right you are wanting to stop the movie or slide show presentation four time and speak each time then you need the software "Sonic" which makes your presentation with 4 menu's and which will start when you insert the DVD into the standalone dvd player that the firm will be using. This software that I mentioned above comes with Liteonit DVD writer. I am sure that you can find it online it works really well for all my home movie dvd's and you can have as many dvd menus that you want. It doesn't do any conversion of mpeg,avi,or vob thou. It will work will all of the those files and also does the slidshow presentation like Powerpoint only on DVD thou. Hopes this helps