1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtualdub/DivX5: "Cannot start video compression: The source image format is not acceptable. (error code -2)"

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by geevee, Aug 23, 2002.

1. geevee

geevee Member

got this error message while trying to compress first pass with DivX5.0 (job file came from Gordian Knot).

I read in another thread that resolution has to be a multiple of 16 but my avs source is 384x288 (=16* (24x18))

What's wrong?

Thanks, GeeVee

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You didn't perform any resize/crop in Dub?

3. geevee

geevee Member

As far as I know, I didn't. After DivX5 didn't work, I tried DivX3 and got the said resolution. Even if the avs has a vob in background that has to be resized, this resizing is done prior to DivX coding.

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

True, but I'm asking this since if you performed cropping/resize at any point, there's the possibility that in the end, DivX codec gets f**ked up resolution video into it (not multiplies of 16), which is the really only cause for the problem you mentioned.

One thing tho' -- can you preview the video correctly with VirtualDub before you try to encode it (I mean, you've added all the filters & stuff you are going to, prior encoding)?

5. geevee

geevee Member

Yes, i can preview and I managed to solve my problem.

But it is strange. I loaded the malfunctioning config file and on
    DivX Pro 5.0 Codec configuration page, General Parameters tab I pressed
    the button "Restore codec's default". This didn't change the
    "Quick Config CLI" on DivX Codec tab:

-b1 780 -key 300 -dr 12,2,2000,10,20 -sc 50 -pq 5

Though both checkboxes for "Enable Crop" and "Enable Resize" were disabled,
    the values changed from
    480 0 0 640

to

0 0 640 480

but now the compression works! I saved both configs as .vcf file,
    the only difference is the line

8<--cut--/begin
    VirtualDub.video.SetCompData(372,"GAEAAODmCwDQBwAACgAAABQAAAAsAQAADAAAAAIAAAAFAAAAAAAAAJABAAAAAAAAAAAAAB4AAABkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAAyAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACgmZnJPwAAAKCZmck/QAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIACAADgAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOA/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAQAAAAEAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAEAAAD/////BAAAAEQ6XFRJVEFOX0FFXGR2ZDJhdmktcHJvalx0aXRhbi1hZV8yLmxvZwBjOlx0ZXN0LmRpdngARDpcVElUQU5fQUVcZHZkMmF2aS1wcm9qXHRpdGFuLWFlXzIubXYA");
    8<--cut--/end

which fails and

8<--cut--/begin
    VirtualDub.video.SetCompData(319,"GAEAAODmCwDQBwAACgAAABQAAAAsAQAADAAAAAIAAAAFAAAAAAAAACgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAAyAAAAAAAAAAAAAACamZmZmZnJP5qZmZmZmck/QAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAIAAOABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOA/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAQAAAAEAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAEAAAD/////AQAAAGM6XGRpdngubG9nAGM6XHRlc3QuZGl2eABjOlxtdmluZm8uYmluAGk=");
    8<--cut--/end

which works
    for completeness, if you want to test:

8<--cut--/begin
    VirtualDub.audio.SetSource(1);
    VirtualDub.audio.SetMode(0);
    VirtualDub.audio.SetInterleave(1,500,1,0,0);
    VirtualDub.audio.SetClipMode(1,1);
    VirtualDub.audio.SetConversion(0,0,0,0,0);
    VirtualDub.audio.SetVolume();
    VirtualDub.audio.SetCompression();
    VirtualDub.video.SetDepth(24,24);
    VirtualDub.video.SetMode(3);
    VirtualDub.video.SetFrameRate(0,1);
    VirtualDub.video.SetIVTC(0,0,-1,0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetRange(0,0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetCompression(0x78766964,0,10000,0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetCompData(372,"GAEAAODmCwDQBwAACgAAABQAAAAsAQAADAAAAAIAAAAFAAAAAAAAAJABAAAAAAAAAAAAAB4AAABkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAAyAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACgmZnJPwAAAKCZmck/QAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIACAADgAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOA/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAQAAAAEAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAEAAAD/////BAAAAEQ6XFRJVEFOX0FFXGR2ZDJhdmktcHJvalx0aXRhbi1hZV8yLmxvZwBjOlx0ZXN0LmRpdngARDpcVElUQU5fQUVcZHZkMmF2aS1wcm9qXHRpdGFuLWFlXzIubXYA");
    VirtualDub.video.filters.Clear();
    VirtualDub.subset.Delete();
    8<--cut--/end

My problem is solved, but the cause for the error is still unclear and interesting. Thanks for your Time.