1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualDubMod

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Ange|us, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Ange|us

Ange|us Member

Hi guys. I'm new here and I have a question I hope you can answere. I'm trying convert an AVI file so I can play it in my DVD player. Any way, I'm at this point:

[bold]Ok, you need to do this step if your video file contains an audio file that TMPGEnc doesn't support, such as AC3 or Ogg Vorbis. So, open the modified version of VirtualDub called VirtualDubMod and go to File menu and select Open video file... and locate your .avi file

Next, go to Audio menu and check that Direct stream copy is selected -- if not, select it. After you've done that, go to File menu again and select Save WAV....[/bold]

Problem is, in VirtualDubMod I don't have an Audio Menu. I can select "Direct Stream" from the Video Menu but that doesn't seem right. Oh, I reinstalled it and still have no Audio Menu so what else can I do?

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hi there,
    You can try the original VirtualDub, or VDubMod, or NanDub (my personal favourite) as they are all basically the same program, with some customizations.
    Try NanDub :)
    http://ndub.sourceforge.net/
    Converting AVI to DVD is a thankless task.
    Similar to trying to reconstitute an audio CD from lossily-compressed MP3s, it is considered to be not a good plan...
    Check out this DVD Santa
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/dvdsanta.cfm
    It looks interesting - maybe you could let us know if it works.
    Regards

3. Ange|us

Ange|us Member

Wow .. that was fast. Thanks alot. I'll try that and let you know how I make out. Thanks again

4. Ange|us

Ange|us Member

I just put that DVDSANTA on .... Looks alot easier then what I was trying to do.

5. Kit12

Kit12 Member

Hi there, how about aac audio, is there a way virtualdub(mod) can extract an avi file with aac audio and convert it into a wav file? If not, are there any programs that can convert aac to wav files? Please let me know if there are any, thanks!

6. Ange|us

Ange|us Member

I tried that DVD Santa .... works great with the exception that it puts up in the top left corner a little note saying it was produced with a free version ... or something like that. But [bold]DAMN[/bold] it was easy.