1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virus! Now I'm unable to reinstall windows.

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by K1NG, Sep 20, 2007.

1. K1NG

K1NG Guest

Hello all, Im in need of some expert help. I recently downloaded a piece of software that had virus, took a risk because I figured if worst came to worst I could just reinstall my XP home, like ive done approximately 5 times on this computer. Well this virus completely stopped windows from booting, and also stopped me from reinstalling XP.

Problem: When trying to boot computer, error in BIOS reads, Error loading operating system: Boot stops at this BIOS message.
    When trying to Clean install XP, after computer boots to CD, The core windows files load, then it says at the bottom starting Windows, then this error message appears:

Blue Screen, A problem has been dectected on your computer, to prevent damage to your hardware windows has been shut down.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer, If you have seen this screen before follow these steps:

Check for Viruses on your computer, Check any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Run Checkdisc /F to check for any hard drive corruption, then restart your computer.

Technicall information:
    *** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7BD663C, 0xC0000034,0x00000000, 0x00000000.

My suspicion: I think when Windows boots to the XP CD the core files are loaded into the RAM memory? Does this mean the virus is in the memory? Is it in the master boot recored?

Please, desperately need any help, Thanks very much for your time.

2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

what exactly was the software you downloaded?

3. K1NG

K1NG Guest

I was trying to get a Windows XP activation crack for a friend. Dont know if I should link this site but will anyway. DO NOT DL any of these. I clicked the first link on page.

edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2007
  4. res2cue

res2cue Guest

hmph... I guess you got what you paid for didn't you. sorry, don't help pirates.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

king, post edited. slave the hd onto another pc to do a complete virus scan. also delete it's partition, make a new partition then do a full format on it.

6. xlioilx

xlioilx Member

If nothing works run a low level format on the disk and then install new partitions then format the drive NTFS then install windows.

First unplug your computer for a few mins before you do it just in case you have a memory resident virus thats happened to me before.
    Make sure that there is no floppy or cd in any of your drives that could have a virus that could get on your disk and unplug any external or extra drives as they might have to be formated also !!! throw away your old data. unless you know what file did this then destroy all data that you burnt to disk or have on a backup drive as it can contain the viral... sorry i'm just paranoid :)