1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOB to AVI can somebody suggest the best coverter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by LA4Life, Jul 2, 2007.

1. LA4Life

LA4Life Member

Hi all, just having problems locating a good working vob to avi converter. I have tried a couple of different softwares but got heavy frame drop out from one, and on the other the audio was not in good sync with video. Can somebody please point me to a vob to avi converter that does not have these issues. I dont mind paying, but I do need to get what im paying for. My pc hardware is ok I think...I have pentD 2.8ghz 1 gig mem...good enough right?

2. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

well your computer is good for this and i suggest WinAvi video converter. try the trial version out and then if you like it buy a serial.

3. LA4Life

LA4Life Member

thanks, tried WinAvi, and hate to admit it but I actually got worse results and couldnt get the program to stop splitting the file. I tried unchecking split, it still split, tried leaving split checked and bumping up splits to exceed what the output file would be, but it still split. I tried viewing vob file, it looked fine no skipping, and audio was cool, but I got the same studder like frame rate every few seconds of footage that played. Anybody else have a suggestion?

4. LA4Life

LA4Life Member

I tried using a more up to date vers of WinAvi (8.0) and I made new vob files with dvd decrypter. I select read as dvd in win avi, and then I select main movie. I select the correct lang and remove subs, then click ok. Well the output file is... well it looks great, but the audio is like 3 -5 secs ahead of the video. Im not sure what the problem is so i went back to change the frame rate from leaving it as original to 29.7, but doing this creates an error box to pop up after clicking ok that says division by zero, what ever that means. After this occurs I can only use program again after restarting pc. So if anybody has some input it would be nice to hear it, thanks.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I never had the need to convert DVD compliant files to AVI so I am trying out my program that converts almost anything...... AVS Video Converter. This program seems to convert any video format to any video format...... so I am trying it out as we speak. I ripped a DVD to my external hard drive and now loaded it in the program and it's converting the DVD files to AVI..... it will take a while...... like 4 hours or so ... at least that's what the program is stating... will let you know on the quality of the conversion when it's finished and I check it out.

Just curious.... why do you want it in AVI format?

6. vtowner

vtowner Regular member

You could use AutoGK.

7. emily22

emily22 Guest

YASA VOB to MP4 Converter is a good choice , find it at edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007
  8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@emily22........ LA4Life is looking for a converter that will convert VOB (DVD compliant files) to AVI...... not MP4 (iPod format)!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  9. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I finally completed the full DVD conversion to AVI format! wow..... this program does a great job! I highly recommend it! It took 5 hours total but the quality is almost DVD quality! And first time ever converting to AVI format! AVS Video Converter:

[​IMG]
    set your settings and go!!!!!!! it's great! this is last years version!

10. LA4Life

LA4Life Member

WOW!...hey thanks for the replys everybody, and special thanks to you Ihoe for the indepth home work you did, that was so cool, now im off to find this avs video conveter. I will also check to see if I can find AutoGK. I think somebody asked why I wanted avi, well its becasue I like to play in my portable player sometimes too, especially on road trips to vegas. im keeping my fingers crossed that I have the smae faith/luck with avs. Its too bad WinAvi is outta sync, becasue the video quality was really the best I had seen. So hopefully this will be the end of this thread, but if I have no luck I will post again.