1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VSO Releases ConvertXtoDVD v2.2.2 ßeta

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by cougar_ii, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. cougar_ii

    cougar_ii Regular member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    Messages:
    1,961
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    Hello,

    The is not yet and official version, but if you would like to try it out (it is in beta phase) you can download it here

    Version 2.2.2

    Change log:

    ConvertXtoDVD - 2.2.2
    =====================

    Complete rewrite of the AVI demuxer, for improvement such as:

    * accurate determination of audio start time, working with CBR/VBR audio (fixes most audio out of sync issues)
    * fault tolerance improved - very damaged AVI files (truncated, incomplete parts missing, wrong indexes) should be better handled now, and no longer produces out of sync audio.
    * lightning fast preview scroller, will give 99% of the time a perfect image
    * files with 'rec ' chunks are handled
    * accurate duration determination (fixes bogus or truncated AVI that used to need a parsing to obtain their accurate duration)

    some regression bugfixes also implemented

    - 0000914: [Crash] Click On Audio or Video Stream (Twice) will generates an Access Violation ! (wesson)
    - 0000819: [Information] Adobe Premiere 1.5 file producing audio sync issues (wesson)
    - 0000902: [Information] file to test: no image once converted (wesson)
    - 0000915: [Bug] regression with Photostory wmv file (wesson)
    - 0000916: [Bug] Video framerate problem after encoding (wesson)


    Please post back to this thread if you have good or bad results.

    Thanks,
     
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  2. Cassi1125

    Cassi1125 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2006
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Cougar -

    Just the other day, I upgraded my copy of ConvertXtoDVD to the latest noted stable version (2.2.2.256 from 2.1.8.193), burned a few discs (I use ConvertX to do my converting & burning), and promptly encountered disc recognition issues.

    I have been using ConvertXtoDVD as my converting-burning software since December, 2006 (v.2.1.8.193 w/no interim upgrades until last week). With the upgrade it takes forever (up to a couple of minutes or more) for my standalone DVD player (regionfree Pioneer DV-490V) to load/recognize discs burned using this latest version. Once it does finally load the disc, the disc plays fine.

    Strangely, tho, I have a little TV w/built-in DVD player (a Samsung, I think) in which the discs burned with the upgrade loaded with much less to no difficulty.

    On the other hand, my home computer (in which I burned the discs) does not recognize these discs at all (Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV600 w/Matshita SuperMulti drive), neither does my computer at work (a Dell, so no real surprise there, except that it has recognized and played discs burned with my original version of ConvertX).

    Any discs burned prior to the software upgrade load immediately on all my toys, as well as other peoples' toys.
    *******
    This morning I uninstalled v.2.2.2x and re-installed v.2.1.8.193. I burned a test disc and put it into my stand-alone DVD player and it loaded immediately and played. I put the disc back into my home computer and it saw the disc, but would not play it (only had time to try it in Windows Media Player as I had to get to work), but the drive did at least see the Video & Audio file folders. I took the disc to work and it played fine in VLC media player (v.0.8.5). PowerDVD recognized the disc but would not play it (but then, this program hasn't played any of my discs to date); work-installed Windows Media Player (v.10.00.00.4036) would not play it, saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer." (I cannot install any programs at work - admin authority needed, etc.)

    I am using the same media as before (Verbatim DVD-R) and burning at 2x. I used two different types of Verbs: the 8x w/VideoGuard and the Digital Movie version (have had an excellent burning success rate with both) - and burned numerous discs successfully using both types before the upgrade.
    *********
    All the discs seemed to convert, burn & finalize without obvious error, but there is definitely something screwy going on. (And if I could send you sample discs to tear apart and analyze, I would happily do so (I'm in the US) 'cos I'm not much of a software techie - just can put things together without reading the manuals from cover to cover.)

    PS - Apologies for the length of the post...
     
  3. cougar_ii

    cougar_ii Regular member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    Messages:
    1,961
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    Hi there,

    I have a feeling you might be experiencing a known bug with Mashita burners.



    This has been fixed in v2.2.3 ßeta

    Here's the link on how to get access to a ßeta Version:

     
  4. Cassi1125

    Cassi1125 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2006
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Bugs! I just hate bugs! lol

    Thanks for the link - I've registered. Once I get the disc and burner specs together, I'll PM the VSO folks and find out what other info I can give them to help out (I'm off the IM grids: can't do it at work and I'd never get anything done at home!).
     

Share This Page