1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vts_01_4.vob unrippable!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by lmcvity, Mar 11, 2003.

1. lmcvity

lmcvity Member

i'm attempting to rip and produce a backup svcd of 'road to perdition' using dvd2svcd, but i'm having problems ripping the dvd....more accurately vts_01_4.vob off the dvd. i can get each of the others (vts_01_1 thru vts_01_6) without problem. i've tried vstrip, dvd2svcd's internal routine, smartripper, dvddecrypter, all to no avail. #4 starts to rip, then @ 41% starts slowing, then to a standstill @ 44%. i think this is rather strange, especially since the movie plays on my pc (windvd) and standalone w/out a hitch.

i've just about given up. any idea as to why this may be occuring. i have a 2.2GHz running xp w/ 512 of ddr. i have ripped/backed up many other dvd's of mine without problem using dvd2svcd/vstrip/cce or tmpgenc.

please help!

i can elaborate more about specifics if needed.

thanks,

lane

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I don't know what the problem is here? I used DVD Decrypter and ripped Road To Perdition just fine. Open DVD Decrypter, then go to tools>settings. Go to the I/O tab folder and check ignore read errors and set software read/write errors to 3. Install ASPI 4.6. Try rippin' the movie again. Process may take a long time so be patient. Also clean the dvd with some non absorbant material such as rubbin' alcohol. One other thing I forgot to mention, after you insert the movie, allow the movie to play for about 60 seconds

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2003