1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to put movie file on Dvdr

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sampras, Dec 27, 2004.

1. sampras

sampras Member

The file I have came in a winrar archive. A large over 4 gig file which plays in windows media player and is great quality. I cant seem to be able to convert it to iso in order to put on a dvdr blank media. Can someone help me I'll make other posts with more info if required. This file is a movie file as per above but its extension is not a recognized one...strange! anyway if anyone can help it'd be much apprec.!!

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

you don't want to make it an iso, you want to convert it to mpeg-2 for the dvd player to read it. try one of the guides here:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
    one of them should be able to help you burn the movie file to a dvd-video

3. sampras

sampras Member

thanks ill give er a try.

4. V1ru5

V1ru5 Member

okay first of all what format is it in??

5. sampras

sampras Member

It is in dvdr.boozers format of something like this. I dunno. Anyway i can watch the whole thing on windows media player but if I try and fast forward it only goes to 39 minutes into the movie. Also I tried to use whats it called tmpgenc and it converted to mpeg so that was good to get it onto dvdr EXCEPT it only converted half the movie. It is like this other half dosent exist even though it is one large file and only windows media player shows the full thing. Help me to get this on dvdr. I dont know why it only converts half the film. arghh!! help