1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warcraft 3 launch and lan play on windows 7 and 8

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by fratzicu, May 3, 2013.

1. fratzicu

fratzicu Member

Hi

I start this discussion because I encountered this problm and no discussion on the internet phorums seemed to find the answer.

Problem 1a
    I tried to play warcraft 3 frozen throne on windows 8. It didn't launch. In fact, after loading, it showed a blank screen and could close the program only from task manager. Anyway, couldn't find a solution. I managed to play finally by creating a fresh windows account. Surprisingly, the game started without admin privileges or compatibility settings.I don't know why his happens, maybe someone could give the Nswer, i just wanted to share this as i couldn't find on no forum how to play warcraft on windows 7 and 8 when the game doesn't launch. Try to creeate a new account and start the game in it.
    Problem 1b
    After starting the game, I wantd to play on lan, but couldn't find the shared games. After trying all sort of tricks including firewall setings it still didn't work. Finally, i noticed i had multiple connections active: a wired 100 Mbit, a wireless n, and an openvpn one. After disabling the vpn and wired connection and remaining only on the wireless one, i could see the lan games and could play lan multiplayer warcraft 3 games on windows 8 and 7 (64 bit).
    Sorry for the typing mistakes. I wrote this on my phone on the road. I would be interested if someone could find the solution o launch the game feon the regular windows accoult, not only from a fresh account.

Best regards.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  2. Callly

Callly Member

I just bought it () and everything was ok. Generally this games is really good.