1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was burning 4x, 4.4 gig dvd's in 13 min, now taking 25 min after update?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JasonnB, Dec 2, 2004.

1. JasonnB

JasonnB Member

I posted this at the end of another post, but it really should have it's own post.

This is what happened. I was burning dvd's fine using DVD Shrink. It would take exactly 13 min to burn a dvd, 4.4 gig. I have a new HP computer that writes dvd's at 4x.

I recently updated the aspi with this:

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.jsp?sess=no&language=E
    nglish+US&cat=/Product/ASPI-4.70&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe

I also updated my chipset drivers for my motherboard, but I don't think this caused the problem.

My PROBLEM now, is when I burn a DVD at 4x, that's my max speed, it now takes about 25 min, instead of 13. This is drving me nuts. What can I do to fix this?

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

25 minutes sounds like 2.4X speed. A quick fix (assuming you have Win XP) would be to used the Restore feature and roll back any updates you made prior to the slowing down. It could be the media or firmware too. I had 4X rated HP discs which would only burn at 2.4X speed. But I suggest you roll back your updates first.

3. JasonnB

JasonnB Member

Ok, could it be doing 2.4 even if it shows 4x in the software?

I AM on XP. Can you tell me how to do this rollback feature? I've never done it before.

4. JasonnB

JasonnB Member

Ok, I found out how to to the restore. I restored back to a day beforeI did the updates, but after rebooting and everyhing it still has the same files from before. The restore showed a list of items I performed on the day I did those updates, but those ARE NOT LISTED.

One thing I just noticed in NERO, under DVD VIDEO, BURN, it's on maximum, but when I click the down arrow, 2.4x is selected, and that's the only choice.

If it was burning at 13 min before, and now 25, I'm assuming it had a 4x setting there before?

How do I get that back?

5. JasonnB

JasonnB Member

Sorry, ignore what I said in the last reply. It's showing 4x in nero when burning a dvd, but it's talking 25 min, instead of 13...

This is very strange.