1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird VCR capture Problem

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by WFK, Mar 6, 2007.

1. WFK

WFK Member

Don't know if I am in the right fourm for this or not but,
    After transfering many old VCR movies to DVD I suddenly have a weird problem with my VCR. I am using Power Director 5 with windows media center 2006 OS, ATI all in wonder video card with AMD athlon 64 3300+ and 1 GB ram. My VCR is connected both to a TV and My computer. A VCR tape plays fine on TV but picture does not advance on Power Director 5 Although the sound is fine. It just seems to hang up. I can fast forward it but not get it to play. But at same time can watch it great on TV. Has any one had this problem?

2. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

Are you sure you're not dealing with a Macrovision protected VHS tape? ATI cards support Macrovision and won't capture protected tapes.

If you have a Macrovision protected VHS tape you could use a video stabilizer between your VCR and your PC. Otherwise, you could switch to a capture card that doesn't support Macrovision.

3. WFK

WFK Member

You nailed it right off. I am trying to capture a protected tape.Thanks for setting this old man stright.