1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

:: what about PDF versions of guides???? ::

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by babelfish, Aug 18, 2004.

1. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

i tend to print a few of the guides out and am building up a resource library..

problem is as the pages are wider than a printer can allow you need to print them landscape and blah blah it looks odd.. and isnt very user-freindly

so, what about a 'print friendly' or just a downloadable pdf?

keep up the good work... its agreat site and i use it all the time - despite the newbie status :)

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

that would be quite handy ye, my plan is, when I get a big guide written and i have a lot im working on, i'll have pdf versions of it availible on the IRC channel!"

3. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

couldnt you just stick a link to the pdf on the top of the guide... seems odd having to go into the irc channel to get a related file... AND i cant use IRC here at work... unless i hack the firebox and free up the irc ports :(

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

PDF guides have been in plans for years, but you must remember that we (AfterDawn Ltd) make our money from ads and more pages people browse through, the better. "Printer friendly" pages are in my personal to-do list, so they should appear sometime within next 6 months or so once I get higher priority stuff done.

5. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

fair point m8e... didnt think of that...