1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What About Securom 5 ? So far I couldn't back up SkiRacing2005

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Daneris, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Daneris

Daneris Guest

Hi Here & There,
    What About Securom 5 ?
    Ski Racing 2005 is protected by Securom 5.03.06
    So I tried all the CCD + Twinpeaks method, including
    a BWA file of the game I downloaded from your link in germany(...better know a little german...).
    Well, I obtain a Patched image that opens with WinISO, can be mounted on Deamon Tools if I emulate Securom only, but won't open in Windows, useless...
    Original CD being destroyed I started with a nero image, converted it with Clone CD and patched this with Twinpeaks. Could anyone bring light on this case.THKS.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

the newer Securom 5 protections are becoming a reall pain the ass so I cant offer any info as of yet, but might wanna try using Alcohol 120 if you havn't already.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

A successful copy of SecuROM5 is heavily dependant on your burner - what make/model are you using? I take it you're using BlindWrite 5?

4. Daneris

Daneris Guest

High Brothers,

Glad to get fast speed return, congratulations!
    Indeed Geestar, I have tried Alcohol, but it wouldn't
    let me start with the setting "Securom4/5", his last
    words were "No RMPS Data found on disc" (or close to this!)
    Ha! Nephilim...Are U my Angels on this one?
    See, I just don't like to get into these issues...
    Hardware and stuff...UNO! But when the time needs it, I take the ride.
    So here it is, I have installed
    1 CD-R: LG HL-DT-ST GCE-8525B
    1 Combo: NU CDRW/DVD DBW-521
    and no money to upgrade anything, so it better fit!
    Yes boss, U took it right, I have BW5 and all, just pour your knowledge on my face and bring me to the light...

5. Nephilim

I believe your LG GCE-8525B is going to be your best shot at a backup but we should determine if one, both or neither of your drives are EFM capable using the following test:

http://www.petemoore.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/guides/pc-cdrom/sheeptest.htm

As I mentioned earlier the ability to make a working backup of the latest SecuROM games is almost entirely dependant on your drive's ability to write EFM correctly - if the drive drive isn't able to the best you can do is try for an emulated copy or simply run the image off your hard drive with Daemon Tools.

6. travalon

travalon Regular member

I managed to back up securom 5.03.04.0034 using info gleaned from the following threads: (And a lot of help from Nephilim)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/26771
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/157664
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/146198

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/43802
    I also used Alcohol 120%, A-ray scanner, CloneCD, and a BWA file I downloaded from here: http://www.makeabackup.com/downcat1.html

As well as a great step by step manual by Shoey that I can't seem to get a hold of right now. But if you do a search for BWA Files, I bet you come across it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  7. Daneris

Daneris Guest

OK...back .
    I found out that both drives are 2 sheep rated. However the LG is more reliable. It should do the job!
    What exactly should I do now with BlindWrite?

8. Daneris

Daneris Guest

Well, here again.
    I followed the guide on this thread:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/157664

and used Blindwrite to create a nice Backup of this amazing game (for those who like a lot of white...) which allows me to install the game and dream that I gonna play it...So the bottom line comes with the message I get when starting the game (after a long process), it goes like that :

Please Insert the original disc instead of a backup.

and make me feel useless man. It won't play despite all securom emulation options on in Alcohol & Deamon-Tools.
    BTW: The first thing when trying to run the gane was a conflict with BlindWrite Drivers and I had to uninstall the thing to try further...
    So what's wrong in there, should I use a different setting in BW5, maybe not SecuromNEW(4x,5x) in the "Write" panel, hmm?
    There must be something to do, right?

9. Daneris

Daneris Guest

Me once more.
    Seems like I'm getting confused...forget about this setting issue in BW5 I just mentioned above, it belongs to Alcohol120...
    Guuu! I need some sleep!

10. Daneris

Daneris Guest

Me once more.
    Seems like I'm getting confused...forget about this setting issue in BW5 I just mentioned above, it belongs to Alcohol120...
    Guuu! I need some sleep!

11. travalon

travalon Regular member

I couldn't play off of my mounted image either. But when I burned the image patched with the BWA file it worked fine. I also hear if you use twin peaks to make a twin it doesnt always come out right. I can't remember where I read that though. I used A-ray's twin featuer. Here is a quote I got when I had the same "Insert origonal disc not a back up" message.

The error you're getting is caused by SecuROM not being happy with some of the software on your system. I'd uninstall CloneCD and disable Nero's Image Drive first since they're the most likely culprits. If that doesn't help I'd disable any Alcohol virtual drives and a last resort would be to uninstall Daemon Tools.

12. Daneris

Daneris Guest

Hola to all,
    After hours of vain attempts, I finally got a Backup of Ski Racing 2005 that will install and run the game like the real thing!
    I am not pretty sure of what was critical in making it work, since I used the same technique as I started with, i.e: CloneCD + TwinPeak + BWA file. Only this time, I made a ccd image of the backup I obtained with Blindwrite5 + BWTweaker.
    So in short, I mounted my Nero image in Alcohol's virtual drive and converted it to a BlindWrite image
    using BWTweaker and BW5. Then I burnt this image and obtained a backup that securom would
    laugh at and not let the game run. Some leftover of intuition told me to try again the CloneCd method
    which was my first try as well.
    So from this useless CD, I made an image with CloneCD and I patched it with TwinPeaks and the same good
    BWA file. All of this worked fine, then I burnt this patched image with my LG CDrom and it gave
    me a weird result were the 2 .exe files on the game weren't showing there respective icons and the
    message "Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed" poped up when running autoplay.
    I thought the burning went wrong but some more intuition came to rescue and I fed the CD to my other drive, the NU combo CDr/DVD, and Boom!! All icons are present, autoplay runs immediately and not only that... the game, after a very brief verification of the protection, drops the awaited black screen and here I go skiing!!!
    No emulation needed, let's say I was REALLY amazed...till now it works only in this particular drive! How and why did this work? This is my last question for this thread....,
    Thanks for all info and links.Greetings.

13. Nephilim

Excellent work Daneris :)

14. Daneris

Daneris Guest

MY PLEASURE ! NEPHILIM...
    After All, We are just a bundle of memories...
    Isn't Life a Huge BackUp process..??
    LONG LIFE TO THIS SITE!
    ciao

15. papoose

papoose Member

Hello !

Daneris, I would like do the same work as you did but I don't have any BWA file of the game. Could you help me by sending it to me ?

Thank you

My mail :noemailallowed@afterdawn.com

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  16. Nephilim

@ papoose

Let's have a look at the forum rules - no posting email addies ;)