1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What DVD burning program should I use?

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by heni79, Jul 18, 2005.

1. heni79

heni79 Member

When I recently bought a DVD burner I got Pinnacle's CD/DVD Suite burning program with it. This program has given me nothing but grief so far, so that's why I've been looking around for other programs. I have tried Nero, but I would like to try other programs as well. Is anyone here using Pinnacle's CD/DVD Suite, and if so, how is that working out for you?

I would also really like to know what DVD burning programs all of you use? What would you recommend a newbie who wants a simple and easy program yet be able to create nice menus. Do you think Nero is good enough?

Thanks,
    Heni

2. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Nero Vision Express, Nice and Simple proggy for menus and burning.

What exactly are you trying to do?

3. heni79

heni79 Member

Thanks! I just want to burn my MPEG files onto DVDs and create nice menus.

Heni

4. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Nero vision express should do that.

But if you want to make a proffessional job of it use Adobe Premiere Pro, if your extremely serious about your project use that although its very expensive.

If your going to use Nero vision express remember to burn at a slower speed

5. Bawjawz

Bawjawz Guest

Adobe is nice but have problems with it's individual codecs, slow conversion rates etc.

You may experience very slow conversion progress with nero, pretty crap at that... burning though rules.

I have been known to EXPORT from Nero Vision Express to MPG single file format for easyness inserting subtitles with DVD Lab Pro.

WINAVI kicks ass on conversion to DVD format/structure.

Im sick of saying that, does nobody listen?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2005
  6. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Adobe Premiere pro is not just nice, it's on of the best programs out there.

Slow conversion rates but top quality results

Again for simplicity use Nero Vision Express, It's the easiest way for newbies to put mpegs onto DVD with a menu. Don't complicate matters by using loads of different programs.

Heni already has his files in .mpeg format u no0b

Good luck Heni,And do you already have Nero Vision Express?

7. heni79

heni79 Member

Yes, I already have my files in the mpeg format, so I don't need to convert anything. I also have a demo version of Nero Vision Express on my computer. I do like it because it's easy to use (which is important to me since I'm just a newbie) and it burns fast with perfect results. I have just been interested in knowing what programs everyone else is using, so I'll get an idea of what is out there on the market before I make the decision to possibly purchase Nero.

I thank all of you for your input and thoughts on this matter!

Heni

8. Bawjawz

Bawjawz Guest

WINAVI can convert any Video file format eg MPG, AVI,ASF etc to DVD: VOBs, IFOs and BUPs, quicker than anything I have used. The resulting DVD folder on your HD can then be burned to DVD with simple Nero Burning ROM 6, at 8x speed without any problems as a DVD Video. This will play in any DVD player.

Check it out and see what it can do http://www.winavi.com/

You do need to pay for it however but I've heard it's quite easy to crack (ahem!)

There's a new beta version available, which I might try sometime soon.

9. heni79

heni79 Member

Thanks for the WinAVI link!

Heni

10. poopooman

poopooman Guest

i have recently brought and installed a dvd burner .I was wondering if i use dvd shrink will i lose any picture quality , and will i be able to play it with dolby digital audio. if not plese sugest some software free or not.

11. Dissone

Dissone Member

poopooman,
    Certainly ANY time you compress a file such as a movie there will be at least slight data loss and therefore a degradation in quality. The question is how much deterioration will occur? If you are new to burning and not anal about results DVD Srink combined with AnyDVD will give excellent results. It works in synergy with DVD Decrypter giving you the option to keep all aspects of the original dvd (Dolby 5.1 etc) or leave them out for less compression and better quality. Personally I like Nero Ultra 6, the Recode 2 is great and of course the burning is built in to the suite so it works together flawlessly.

12. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

I mainly use DVDshrink and Nero or Elby´s CloneDVD2 when backing Originals or rentals, but their are a number of different combinations but i suggest you use DVDshrink as this helps the movie fit onto one Disk.

DVD Shrink and DVD decrypter also work together well their both free.

Good luck in backing up

13. poopooman

poopooman Guest

thanks for the helpful input i decided to use dvd shrink with nero works great.

14. Bawjawz

Bawjawz Guest

I must say, best choice.

I use the above 97% of the time.

If you get stuck, I'll let you in on the other 3% if you like?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2005
  15. Azkan

Azkan Member

The Cheetah DVD Burner is a nice simple DVD Burning program, with out all the bloat, and it will handle DVD-R +R and RAM.

16. Azkan

Azkan Member