1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what have i done wrong????????????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vorlon05, Jan 18, 2005.

1. vorlon05

vorlon05 Guest

Guys and Ladies,

where have i went wrong???

I downloaded a film (DVD-R) with all the usual files - IFO, BUP and VOB. I ran the files through dvd shrink (although i dont think there was any need to do that as the files came out the same)(first time user of dvd rewritting).

I then burned the contents to my dvd burner using "Pinnicale instant copy".

all seemed well at this point and copied all of the contents.

I then went to play it on my DVD player and the DVD disk was spat out after a few seconds :-(

I then put the disk into the computer drive and all the files are on the disk.

I have a mate who has got me some disks in the past that have played fine on my dvd player. so i hunted one out and put that into my PC.

If i click on my E drive to open the disk my mate gave me then the film automatically starts to play in DivX. However if i try the same thing with the disk i created then all that happens is the pc opens up the folder where all the info is stored and i have to click on the VTS file for the film to start to play.

When i right click and explore on my mates disks then i am faced with the same folder and file options so all the information stored on my copies are correct.

what am i missing? why is the disk not woking the same as my mates copies? why is it being spat out and not autoplaying on my pc when my mates does?

many thanks in advance for any responses (hope it is an easy fix!)

best wishes

Stephen

2. vorlon05

vorlon05 Guest

3. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

Even if you have those .IFO .BUF and .VOB files on your media, it will not play in your DVD Player unless it's in the proper directory. (Video-DVD)

When you burn those files, you must make sure it's a VIDEO-DVD: Directories --> AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS (Files go here)

Those 2 directories must exist on your media for your DVD Player can play them.

Does your software support creating Video-DVD ?

Else, make sure to manually create those 2 directories.

Keep us posted.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005