1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT !!! I'm I doing.....seriously

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jHendrix, Feb 2, 2005.

1. jHendrix

jHendrix Member

Ok.... this is seriously starting to choke me up !!
    i'm simply trying to burn your everyday Mpeg File onto a DVD so it will play in a home DVD player ( I have Nero Express, and Nero Express 2 for a burning program)...

Now my Questions are,
    -What format does the file have to be !! and how do i conver it ! (I have "DVD-Video file" option in Nero, but it asks me to select the ".ifo , .vob, .bup" file. So what are these...

- Do i need a Blank Cd other then my DVD-R ??

- What program do i need to convert files... what would you sugest ?

- what i'm trying to do is burn Full moveis I've downloaded that are in Mpeg and.avi format, and I want them to work in a average DVD player... PLEASE HELP ME AS I'M a COMPLETE NEWBIE !!!!!!

2. souljaLB

souljaLB Member

Im in the same boat you are and i need help as well. First off you need to download vcdgear to convert .bin files to mpg, then nerovision express so you can create the dvd. If there is a better program to do this with, someone please help us, cause i did all the above steps but my dvd skipped 11 minutes into the showing, and i used verbatim 16x DVD+r's

3. jHendrix

jHendrix Member

i'mnot trying to convert .bin to mpg. But simply trying to get Mpeg and avi onto a Dvd, i had Nero convert a file once, and it looked like everything was happenign and it was about to burn then it told me My Media was not compatibly,... so do i need somthing other then a DVD+R or what

I had mention i had DVD-R,... i actual have DVD+R,.. does this make the differnce

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

@souljaLB...did you check your mpegs before burning, to see if its not on the original.If its not then you might try burning at a slower speed.

@jHendrix...try this program, its fool proof, and seems to work well. Just add the files, and it converts them to vob files, to be burned,if you have copytodvd it does that for you too:http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm
    the one you want is divxtodvd.
    its fairly fast and the best part,its free.It doesnt matter if you use + or - and long as your dvd player can play them.
    You could also try nerovision express

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  5. souljaLB

souljaLB Member

yes, thats how i know it had skipped over 6 minutes of film (some funny parts may i add). As far as speed goes...it doesn't let me choose, just says "Max"

6. jHendrix

jHendrix Member

BOO YA !!!

Huge,... after much tomfoolery,... this is exactly was i needed, and i must give you my regards !!

7. jHendrix

jHendrix Member

I know this is the wrong fourm to ask this... but since I got a perfect anwser,...

If i wanted to Capture 5 mins of an Hour video and burn that,... how would I do it ?

what program would i use ? etc

8. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

you would need a video editing program, i think ulead video studio is a good one and it even does what you wanted to to at the begining of this post. plus many more options.