1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What in the world is going on?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by less10, Feb 7, 2008.

1. less10

less10 Member

Hello guys, here I go again with another darn problem. OK so I got this game (not pirated) and I am trying to make it where I can play it with out the CD. I have done this many times. I did search all threads as I am not a newbie but I wasn't sure how to search my problem. Anyway, I have done this many times making an image of the game and mounting with daemon and it always works fine. However, I am now using a new laptop with Vista premium home edition (which I hate). Well I have the image of the disk and mounted it to install the game on the new PC and when I go to play it mounting the same image it ask for the CD. What???? Why would it install and work fine. For that matter after I installed it it came up and asked do you want to launch now and I said yes and it worked fine. No problem. Then the next day I mount image try to load and it needs a CD. So since the game has started before I don't think it is a incompatible issue it has to be something i have done wrong somewhere. I did read something somewhere about disable something under hardware but I cant find that thread after I read it. 1 last note I don't care to use no-CD cracks because in my history with them I get viruses or spy ware and sometimes it just freezes my games so any help on getting this resolved would be appreciated.

2. silk42

silk42 Regular member

When you mount the image, are you using the same drive letter that you installed the CD with, such as E:?