1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best Audio Converter out

Discussion in 'Audio' started by L-Burna, Aug 30, 2004.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I am not familiar with all the audio converters out,but what would be the best one out.I am using the blaze media pro so far and it is alright,but it aint a free audio converter.I am looking for one that can convert everything though such as .mp3,.wma,and etc... the works.Oh I am trying to find one also that can do it in vice versa also for instance if I converted a song to .mp3 I could change it to .wma and then back to .mp3 or so forth just a example.I would appreciate the help alot since I like listening to music and thanks in advance.

2. Pein

Pein Active member

Check this:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/

There are plenty of free converters that can handle all sorts of audio formats. Description and rating will help you to find the "better" ones.

This is one software I've heard lots of good but have not personaly tested.
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Hope you know that converting from a lossy format to another lowers the quality of the sound no matter how high of a bitrate you might be using.
    So you should always use the original or some lossless source to convert to another format... that is if sound quality is essential to you.

3. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I agree with you Pein I really didn't mean it like that though.I meant like just really converting it once you know.If I had a .mp3 file I would probably just convert it to .wma once or if I had a .wma I would convert that .mp3 once.I agree with you on what you said man on how it makes the quality of it suck.Thanks for the site nick2005 I will be sure to check into man.I have been using the blaze media pro and it aint bad,but yeah I am sure there is always a better audio converter out there.I will check out CDex and see what it is like man I took a glimpse at the site also and it is free also which is cool man.I already checked off here in the software section that is why I brought this up to be honest.I noticed that the highest ranked software on here in the Audio all rounded media converter was the blaze media pro,was just trying to find out if there was anything better.Anyways thanks for the help Pein and nick2005

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Oh and nick2005 I like your signature pic man that is cool man (Fly Piglet Go Piggy Fly Pigasos)hahaha lol that is tight.

6. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

thanks