1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the Best Software to burn movies to DVD's with?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mikeap4, Feb 2, 2007.

1. mikeap4

mikeap4 Guest

I have just bought a DVD burner (Sony DRU 500a)(-R)and have some movies on my hard drive. So I was wondering what is the best program to copy the movies to DVD's with? I would like it to come it real clear with no lag.. I heard of DVD X Platinum,Nero, and DivX. Are on of those the best? Or is there another program thats better? Please Help.

2. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Its hard to compare these programs to say what is best .They are tools of the trade so think about getting the hang of using all the tools .DVD Decrypter,DVD Fab,Anydvd,Nero,Roxio,DVD Shrink,ImageBurn,DVD Clone,Ripit4me,FixVTS and DVDX, plus more programs I have not named I think you get the picture.Sometimes a movie will give you a problem this is when try a different combo of programs to get the job done.

3. mikeap4

mikeap4 Guest

Ok thanks...

anyone have a different opinion?

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

If you already have them on your hard drive and just need to burn them to disk - ImgBurn. Works great. Free, too.

5. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

i used dvdfab decrypter and shrink, works every time has long as they keeps the updated for dvdfab..

6. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

FabDecrypter/Shrink/Nero 7 has worked great for me, but you'll find plenty of opinions here. It's like Chevy vs. Ford vs. Dodge. There are plenty of great programs out there. Try one of the combinations and see what works for you. Many swear by AnyDVD (running in the background). Being a NOOB, I'm in no position to question that, but I've not run into a situation where I've needed it in over more than a 1,200 backups. Also, VobBlanker is a good additional program for some of the tough ones. Fab, Vob, and Shrink are free downloads (Fab has a newer version that you can download for a fee) but you'll need to spring for a good burning software. I've used Clone DVD as well as Nero, and I think they're both good options. P.S.-if you're considering AnyDVD, you may want to go with Clone. They're both from Slysoft and you can probably get a better deal if you get both.

7. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

i would guess that the movies that you have on your hard drive are downloaded from the net right? most of the types of files one would get from the net are avi,dvix,xvid,img.iso,mpeg,cue,bin, one of the best programs to convert these files are convertxtodvd,