1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the best Video editing software?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by mickK, Nov 29, 2004.

1. mickK

mickK Regular member

Hey guys,

Well I finally decided to get myself a DVD dual layer burner and am thinking of doing some video editing to put on a DVD so I was wondering what are some good programs i could use to do this. I am leaning toward Sonic's MYDVD but am wanting to know your suggestions,

Cheers

2. run911

run911 Guest

hello,

well there's so much out there. i choose to go by what i read on these forums, my opion and what i did is started out with DVDShrink and DVDDecypter that lot talk about here. they are FREE$$$$ as well.
    it's very simple to me now. after a few times. they
    will work together also.

it's also according to what you want to keep from the disks. myself i only keep the movie i don't care about extras, menu, ect.. just my opinon

the steps i use(because i only want the movie).
    insert the dvd in my burner, open up dvdshrink,let it
    anyalize the movie, then when thats done, you will see a list on the right hand side of dvdshrink,click
    the "RE-AUTHOR" button,the right side of the screen will look different now, look for the (Movie or Title)
    it's usally the biggest number there, left click and hold it, then drag it to the left side,and then let go, that is the movie only, then go to the top of the
    screen, click "BACKUP" then sit back there you go.

don't do anything else on you computer,while this prosses is going on. if you want more than just the movie,well there's more to it.

there are also many guides for both programs on this forum to look at aswell.

my self all those extras take a lot more time,who wants them anyway.

run911
    hope could help

3. mickK

mickK Regular member

thanks for the info but what i ment by video editing is editing video taken from a camcorder or vcr and putting it on DVD