1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What media to use to burn games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by jesspren6, Jun 21, 2007.

1. jesspren6

jesspren6 Member

What brand of dvd+r media should I use to burn my xbox games? I was thinking of using verbatim, but I do have TDK on hand.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Is this for Xbox or 360? Verbatim (Taiyo Yuden) are the best, followed by TDK

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Sony is at par alongside with TDK. But sony dvd media doesn't have adequate quality control as of late due to the fact that the center ring where the two halves meet is not uniform at the time the disc is pressed together. As this being the case the appearance of the center ring seems as if air pockets have formed and when the disc is recorded the disc does not rotate properly. You can use fujifilm. Taiyo Yuden is a third party manufacturer of fujiflim as well. Don’t use sony even though they have accucore its a risk your data cannot take you wont be able to forgive yourself, believe me.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  4. steimy

steimy Active member

Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R would be my two top picks. Never failed me.

5. ricezzzz

ricezzzz Guest

I use ridata

6. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Go to san juan de dios, jalisco, mexico that ridata media is sold in packs of 50 sold for 30 pesos just about $3.20 USD. I say thats cheap media, cheap as in crap. Funny point actually the convention building where the in door swapmeet was at got raided by federales it blew up all over the news. I live about block away from where it happened.