1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What r best settings for High Quality VCD's w/ Tmpgenc??

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by slboss926, Sep 9, 2002.

1. slboss926

slboss926 Guest

I have got down how to rip dvd's to vob files and the to vcd using TMPGenc, DVD2AVI, and SMARTRIPPER then burning with nero.

Now im looking to get the best possible quality, i have changed the motion search to highest quality but is there more i can tweak to make quality of picture better?
    can i change the bitrate? and if so how do i change it? i understand the basics of tmpgenc but want to make the mpeg1 file a little better quality now.

2. ducman

ducman Guest

Check out this site www.kvcd.net

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Don't go with KVCD -- actually XVCD, they've just invented a clever name to "their" method. It doesn't produce VCD-compliant video. To stick with the specs, you can't really do much outside changing the motion search precision to highest. Next step would be then SVCD.

4. darkvader

darkvader Member

Check KVCD again.
    It's an "XVCD type", but they have designed a propietary quantization matrix, which in combination with their long GOP, is what gives the high quality and long playing times.
    I've been using the SKVCD now for some days, and it plays perfectly on just about every SVCD player. But you gain a much longer time on each CD. There's hardly any difference in quality compared to a regular a SVCD.

-DV