1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT"S THE MEANING OF LIFE?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by vgaddict8, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

When people listen to music....that is when they decide to stop being a phonie and face reality or the truth!!!!!!

2. barfmaul

barfmaul Regular member

I always thought the meaning of life was to live.

3. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Can you say SHRINK!?

Here I'll say it slower

sssssshhhhhrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnkkkk

4. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

If the meaning of life is not about finding truths....then what is it about? Living a lie? Being puppets? Being a phonie?

5. barfmaul

barfmaul Regular member

I seriously think this thread is going to turn into a massive arguement about the meaning of life and religions soon.

6. ZCONCEPT

ZCONCEPT Member

MESSAGE FOR vgaddict8

You make a statement back on page 3 of this thread and
    now say you were just joking.
    YOU, MY MAN, ARE IN TOTAL DENIAL !! ....or....you
    are simply a flippant liar. Stop making statements that
    are TRUE about yourself and later saying it was just a
    joke ( just because you put your foot in your own mouth ).
    There is no other reason for you to be so negative and hateful
    other than your constant use of crack and alcohol.
    Do you think I was born yesterday ??
    Hell, I went through a long period of denial too
    ( before I totally stopped ). Stop messing with your own
    mind because it delays the positive action on your part.
    You need to stop being a wimp and continue to face your
    own truth. We can all do without another MR. WHINER on
    these forums. To whine is to be a wimp but taking action
    to help yourself is to be a man
    ( the same goes for women too ).
    Best wishes on your road to a full recovery.

P.S. I don't think the word ADDICT is
    within your nickname for nothing
    ( it's a scream for help if I ever saw one ).

Signed: Robert Singletary__Friday September 8, 2006__4:31 P.M.
    (eastern standard time) USA

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  7. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

No one is really "truthfully living"...because they are living a phonies life and are told that that is the right way to live when in acutally..they are wasting their precious time and being a idoit...and they are even stupid enough to believe it!!!!!!!!

8. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and good wishes.
    I feel much better and the Cipro is killing the infection.

The one thing that can be learned is to not
    sweat the small stuff.

They call Today as bieng the 'Present.'
    Treat everyday as a present, and take care of yourself,
    That is what is important.

9. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

ZCONCEPT......you are truely right!!! I am high.....HIGH ON LIFE that is!!! And you know what? George W. Bush is my Dad!!!!!!!! "VGADDICT" = "VideoGame"........sorry you were a druggie ZCONCEPT....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2006
  10. barfmaul

barfmaul Regular member

OK vgaddict, why are you being so angry and depressing, just get help, you're in the wrong place for the kind of thing you're looking for.

11. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Dont sweat the petty stuff or pet the sweaty stuff right? I havent posted before but thought it relevent with some of the rants about why me why this why that.Text taken from a common search engine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma#Analogs_of_Karma

[bold]Karma on a practical level[/bold]

Karma actually has two different meanings. The first is Karma as a universal law, the second one something people have to endure. A lot of different eastern and western spiritual traditions are working with the concept but it is still not commonly understood.

Under the mystical paradigm of mind over matter, Karma simply becomes a part of the laws of cause and effect. It breaks down to "What you do is what you get" according to the theory that the universe is responding to every action we take, which is also the base of divination and synchronicity. Therefore, the concept of Karma is not about good or bad, related to a person it is about what is wanted.

The second meaning of Karma is similar to a programming bug. With a decision a human being declares a function that is reused under similar conditions until the decision is revised and the Karma is released. An untrained human usually has several thousands of those functions that represent default actions for every possible situation we have ever encountered. In new situations, we base our decisions on the already made ones, causing our Karma to extend. If the outcome of the decision is a desirable one we call it "good Karma" otherwise it is "bad Karma". In any case is Karma something that limits our possible actions to an automated reaction and should be generally treated as "bad".

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

vgaddict8

I want to be around when your car breaks down or you have a serious health problem. You got to pay your dues as you grow up. You get what you earn in this life. You don't deserve anything without working for it. If you don't use the opportunity of an education, then you have no right to bitch about financial independence. Maybe your TV's departure and the Fantasyland game environment's demise, might help you concentrate on why you are at college. The are many people who would love to switch places just for the higher education.

I really think this is a class project. I don't believe much that you have posted.

Life's a bitch; then you die!

13. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

My life couldn't possible get any worst now?............my car is crappy.....I just lost my beloved TV.....I live in a crappy sh*thole apartment.....I got litterally just ten dollars left in all my money and I am suffering from malnutrition...because all I can afford to eat is just raman noodles....and I don't have a Xbox360 with a firmwire on it!!! HOW GAY IS THAT!!!!!! ON TOP OF IT ALL.... I have to go to classes everyday to listen to a retarded Professor!!!!! WHERE IS MY LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIFE IS NOT BEING FAIR TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh.....and no matter how hard I try...I can't have huge muscles....and abs of steel!!!!!

And Garmoon.....it wasn't nice to try to curse me like that you sick sick evil BASTA*D!!!!!!!!!! As if I don't have enough bad luck already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

mmmmmmm..... I can live off of Ramen Noodles, Nothing beats those noodles! You got it good man, you got it good.

15. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

No hard feelings anyone!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't ever take me seriously......I was just trying to get my post count up!!!!!! Sorry if anyone was offended!!!!!!!!!! I been here at afterdawn for about 2 years now. I just don't want to break the record for taking the longest to be a "senior member" or what not. I started in the summer of 2004!!!!! I am really a nice guy!!!! and a good guy of course..... just ask my good buddy LORD Nelphium!!!!! HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

vg: to understand my definition of "phonie", you would have to read The Catcher in the Rye.

of course no one has righteousness or morals to start with. those are parts of life man has to achieve. instinct vs. intelligence.

i do not live in accordance to social norms. by your massively ambiguous definitions, that alone means i am living by the truth. if so, would that be your truth, my truth, or the fictitious universal truth?

listening to music is irrelevent to truth. too often it is like a drug, only to escape reality rather than act as a man and confront it.

again, you're bringing in irrelevence. everyone has a purpose and their own separate meaning. you cannot assign infinity the value of one. that just doesn't work.

"truthful living" would be living in accordance with oneself, not with society. you're mincing and mixing definitions to suit your own argument, one weaker than Bulimia Man.

you should know by now that posting in the safety valve does not increase your rank. and now that i see your true purpose in posting this bitchin'-&-moanin' bovine excrament, i'm going to report you to a mod. hopefully, you'll either be suspended or banned; maybe you'll start to learn then.

17. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

I DON"T KNOW WHAT THE TRUTH IS OR DON"T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the things I said....I really honestly believed in them. I did acutally use my brain......for once.... This is really how I am...........I AM A ANTI-HERO FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hero is Alex from a clockwork orange and Caulden from catcher in the rye!!!! ANTI-HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddy Auslander.............I say we barry the hatchet and drink some beers at my house tonight? You are a really cool guy!!!!

AUSLANDER IS MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

if you don't know what do believe, use logic, including such methods as originally developed by the likes of Aristotle and Socrates, to examine your life and everything in it. in the perpetual search for truth, these techniques will send you a long way.

19. ZCONCEPT

ZCONCEPT Member

MESSAGE FOR vgaddict8

Just a couple of posts back you said:
    " ....just ask my good buddy LORD Nelphium!!!!! "

If he is such a good buddy why can't you spell his
    name correctly___it's Nephilim.

Best wishes on your severe drug & alcohol addiction.
    You may want to seek professional help soon.

Signed: Robert Singletary__Friday September 8, 2006__5:42 P.M.
    (eastern standard time) USA

20. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

ZCONCEPT......It's because AUSLANDER IS MY NEW BUDDY!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.