1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What software is good for IPod touch to PC

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by chartow, Nov 30, 2011.

1. chartow

chartow Member

My daughters computer crashed and we had to get a new one. She has all of her pictures, music, apps, movies, etc on her Ipod that she wants to move to her new computer. I know there are alot of programs out there that claim to do this but I don't know what is reputable and what is not. I am hoping that you guys can give me a recommendation of what you might have used to do this.

Thanks,
    Charlotte

2. mphsbelle

mphsbelle Member

Had the same problem; used CopyTrans to go from iPod to pc but the program is not free. Go to the audio forum for info on different programs.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

The very top post/sticky has a review of 50 sync apps. I would suggest sharepod. It is free, easy to use and works fine. The file names of the music will not be readable but some of the tagging apps will change the file names using the tag information. Make sure they work first. If the files were copy protected they will not work off the ipod.

4. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

I suggest CopyTrans as the better choice. It is true that it is a paid program. However, it supports photos and app transfer in addition to music. I am not sure whether SharePod is fully compatible with iOS 5 devices such as the iPod Touch and iPhone while CopyTrans is.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012