1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a "good" burning program?? Not Nero or Roxio!!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by turkey, Apr 3, 2005.

1. turkey

turkey Regular member

The Roxio burning program has pretty much always been crappy. Nero Burning Rom used to be the best there was, but now i find it unreliable for certain projects and situations. What other burning programs are good for multi-purpose use?? The program should be able to burn CD/DVD/DVD-DL data compilations, NTSC/PAL compliant DVD videos from VIDEO_TS folder, and create and burn ISO image files.

there are people out there that have had success with programs other then Nero... aren't there...???

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

VSO's CopyToDVD is a good burning program.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It doesn't get any better than CopyToDVD. It's the leanest meanest burning app out there. Truth be told, I just reformatted my PC and CopyToDVD was installed while Nero and RecordNow weren't.

4. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

i agree copy to dvd is great, i use all the time with no problems.

5. turkey

turkey Regular member

thanks to all.

recently i downloaded the program ONES by PrassiTech. it seems very professional, which is good, but i think i'll need more time to figure it all out. in the meantime i'll give CopyToDVD a try. i was surprised to hear such unanimous praise for it. but keep the suggestions coming.

6. turkey

turkey Regular member

TO all those CopyToDVD fans:

i'm trying it out right now, and i must admit it is a great program. but i was wondering if anybody knows how CopyToDVD handles file caching. i see that there are settings for the type of files to be cached but no settings for the size of the read buffer or something like that... does anybody know how big the read buffer is in CopytoDVD, if it has one...???

7. Nephilim

That I don't know.

8. turkey

turkey Regular member

i guess i am curious about the caching cuz it seems that copytodvd maintains really good write speeds and quick burns with no underrun problems. this thing has handled pretty much everything i've thrown at it. stuff that Nero choked and died on. plus copytodvd is super easy to use...

nice.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  9. Nephilim

Good to hear you like it. It's been nothing but stellar for me and I love the Depot feature.