1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a good software for converting home video to DVD?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by atapp21, Jan 1, 2008.

1. atapp21

atapp21 Member

Okay here's the skinny. I have MyDVD by Sonic, Roxio video wave movie creator and Nero Startsmart software on my computer. I've had the computer for a few years now and now that I have quite a few home recorded video tapes stack up. I would like to put them to DVD. I've looked at MyDVD and Roxio on my computer but it seems the do things differently. MyDvD will create chapter but has limited editing tools; Roxio has more editing tools but will not create chapters. I have yet to check out Nero but neither of these software seem very intuitive so I was wondering is there any simpler software out there that works well?

Thanks for any help given.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

The full version of Roxio will let you create chapters. Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 is the newest version. It had VideoWave, for creating your productions, and MyDVD for authoring and burning your productions.

For consumer software, at its price, it is pretty robust, but like any suite of programs, part is bloatware.

3. atapp21

atapp21 Member

Yeah your probably right, it's probably time for me to step into something new. I will look into the roxio, now is this a standalone or will I need Nero running in the background?

4. kellyji

kellyji Guest

VSO ConvertXtoDVD, get 35% off at REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008